• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to switch to 92 octane from 95

Manaruwan

Question

8 answers to this question

The manufacturer has not asked you to use the more expensive stuff, so  save your money,./

All you need to do is to change your mind-set. as you car was designed for regular juice.

Wishing you happy and cheap motoring,..

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

As far as I remember, Alto only needs 89 octane. Car won't even know that you pumped 95.

There is a huge misconception in LK that people believe "95 is cleaner than 92".

Based on the sources which I "heard", 95 fuel = 92 + ethanol 

Octane number of ethanol is 113, so this is probable.

There is nothing 'inferior' about 92 octane - just because the price is higher on 95 does not mean it is 'better'. Unless stated explicitly by the manufacturer on the user manual (or mentioned on your fuel cap) there is no need to pump 95.  95 is required if your engine for instance is a small turbo charged engine. The Alto is a simple car and will run fine on 92. Just pump 92 at your next fuel station. 

There is nothing 'inferior' about 92 octane - just because the price is higher on 95 does not mean it is 'better'. Unless stated explicitly by the manufacturer on the user manual (or mentioned on your fuel cap) there is no need to pump 95.  95 is required if your engine for instance is a small turbo charged engine. The Alto is a simple car and will run fine on 92. Just pump 92 at your next fuel station. 

Thank you

Sent from my SM-J810G using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

As far as I remember, Alto only needs 89 octane. Car won't even know that you pumped 95.

There is a huge misconception in LK that people believe "95 is cleaner than 92".
Based on the sources which I "heard", 95 fuel = 92 + ethanol 
Octane number of ethanol is 113, so this is probable.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-J810G using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk