• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lost Deed

cooltempo

Hi Members

i know it is not relevant to Automobile, but I just need to get some advice if anybody has gone through this.

I lost my house deed a few days ago and until today I couldn't find it.it is a prime property.  I suspect that it was stolen . can anyone misuse it by using the original deed. what precaution steps i should take? can i get another original copy?

appreciate your valuable advice.

Many thanks 

24 minutes ago, cooltempo said:

Hi Members

i know it is not relevant to Automobile, but I just need to get some advice if anybody has gone through this.

I lost my house deed a few days ago and until today I couldn't find it.it is a prime property.  I suspect that it was stolen . can anyone misuse it by using the original deed. what precaution steps i should take? can i get another original copy?

appreciate your valuable advice.

Many thanks 

Go to a lawyer and get a caveat done for the deed. Until it is removed, the property cannot be re-registered under anyone's name.

You actually don't need the original deed to carry out any transaction. If the buyer agrees/understands, you can do a future transaction without the original deed. If you wish, you may lodge a complaint in the police, but there's no surefire way of getting an original deed, unless it is a 'bim saviya' deed. You can also do a gift transfer to a family member. This will allow you to get an original deed.

Just do the caveat before anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajm said:

does the full government tax as in a regular transfer apply in this case or only a fraction?

There is a tax on deeds of gift but it is much lower than that in a deed of transfer. Also note that the tax depends on the declared value of the property.

• Like 1