• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experts In Car Mp3/vcd Players? Need Advice

Hola

Question

Hi All,

Recently I fixed a Sony CDX-V2800 MP3/VCD player replaing my exsiting Sony MP3 player

1138954252klongthom2com2lr0.jpg

But the MP3 does not play very well in it. Does any one know why? As in, is it something with the series? Heard that Sony has certain number of series with defects..

Need advice...

Hola

Can you guys recommend a player that will fit in to a Double DIN space, which supports Sala Pro Sat, or something similar that works in SL and can also double up as a MP3 player. I don't really plan to watch DVDs while driving :) but Sat Nav seems a useful feature to have in SL.

Can you guys recommend a player that will fit in to a Double DIN space, which supports Sala Pro Sat, or something similar that works in SL and can also double up as a MP3 player. I don't really plan to watch DVDs while driving :) but Sat Nav seems a useful feature to have in SL.

im pretty happy with the kenwood BT4303 which I installed in my 260. Hope your car is installed with the gps unit. Or else u will have to get the gps attachment as well. Get the navigation SD mounted during installation coz the SD slot is installed in the back side of the player. Otherwise u will have to again remove the player.

Got mine from a shop in favorite market at pettah. Pm me if u need so that I can give u the contact. Cost me 35k for the unit but this wss one year ago, and i think, a newer model came out. Mind u this was 6.1 inch unit. Had to use 2 spacers as well. Those days a 7 inch unit was around 50k. Prices may have changed a bit now.

saw some alpine players in sydney last year, and those were awesome. Not sure whethr u get it here.

im pretty happy with the kenwood BT4303 which I installed in my 260. Hope your car is installed with the gps unit. Or else u will have to get the gps attachment as well. Get the navigation SD mounted during installation coz the SD slot is installed in the back side of the player. Otherwise u will have to again remove the player. Got mine from a shop in favorite market at pettah. Pm me if u need so that I can give u the contact. Cost me 35k for the unit but this wss one year ago, and i think, a newer model came out. Mind u this was 6.1 inch unit. Had to use 2 spacers as well. Those days a 7 inch unit was around 50k. Prices may have changed a bit now. saw some alpine players in sydney last year, and those were awesome. Not sure whethr u get it here.

Thanks for the information. Why did you need to use spacers? Was it not a Double DIN size?

I don't have the GPS unit installed, as the car itself is quite old, well before any of the latest Gizmos came in. The Satnav I like for times I take the car for a spin outstation as I'm not very familiar with the roads outside Colombo (I live large parts of the year outside the country). I want to fit a reverse camera to stop other members of the family reversing into objects they should not, and perhaps reverse sensors as well, though sadly some of the impact has happened while moving forward :)

Thanks for all the replies. I went to the place to check out the unit and unsurprisingly I was disappointed. The MP3 Player/ Modulator advertised in this case will not make your car radio which you can only tune upto 90 MHz go upto 108Mhz. The sales person I spoke to knew the ins and outs of the product and this product only serves as a pure MP3 Player which could play MP3's over a designated frequency and nothing more.

I have a smart phone with quite a large display and I purchased City Guide from dialog at a discounted rate of Rs.2000/= (the actual price was Rs.4000/=). Installed it on my phone and I also purchased a phone holder which could be fixed to the air vents. It was a cost effective solution and I am very satisfied with the performance.

I was also interested in getting a Blaupunkt stereo systems from D*MO. I got a friend working there. He assured me of a 15% discount from the below mentioned prices. I am quoting from the particular email below.

"The prices for CD Player Stereo Systems are as follows:

1. CD Player System with CD, MP3 and USB Port – Rs. 14,250 (inclusive of VAT)

2. CD Player Stereo System with CD, MP3, USB Port and Bluetooth – Rs. 18,500 (inclusive of VAT)

3. CD Player Stereo System with DVD Playability + CD, MP3, USB Port and Bluetooth – Rs. 23,000 (inclusive of VAT) – Does Not include Display

4. Stereo System Including Navigation System + DVD Playability and TV + all the above features – Rs. 81,000 (inclusive of VAT) – Includes Display / Does Not include Map Card – Need to be purchased separately.

Please note the above setups do not include speakers . All products come from either Malaysia or China.

All have a 1 year warranty for Manufacturing defects".

Hello Don,

Are you looking for a branded unit?

If not, I can recommend the Chinese unit that I use. It has almost all the necessary features like:

• Radio
  • GPS - can be used with SALA system.
  • Playing through USB & microSD cards
  • TV (not that much useful)
  • Bluetooth connectivity - calls can be made/answered too
  • IPod connectivity
  • CD / DVD
  • Can couple a reverse camera (I'm not using any)
  • Remote control

Sound quality is OK. It is not as great as a JVC / Kenwood with a set of branded speakers.

Perfectly fits to a DDIN.

I've been using this for nearly 4 months without an issue now. I have one year warranty as well.

Got it installed from a famous place in Kadawatha. Cost is about 35 and will be aound 38 with the reverse camera installed.

Edited by bagUrE

If you are looking for such option, units are available for around Rs: 400-500 in Pettah and other car audio shops.

The MP3 Player/ Modulator advertised in this case will not make your car radio which you can only tune upto 90 MHz go upto 108Mhz.
  • Like 1