• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit GD1

AVANTE

Such a nice car & I have heard lots of praise for its driving feel & economy. Looks funky too especially with a spoiler and some nice rims.

Heard/read about some sort of issue with the auto-gearbox, something regarding the oil or maintenance but can't exactly remember what. Also people say it's expensive to maintain. Is that compared to the others in this segment (glanza, K12, Passo, swift) or is it really expensive to maintain? 

Thanks in advance!

It was from the same time period when those Fit Arias with CVT gearboxes introduced.Those CVT equipped Honda cars are popular for giving many CVT related issues as most people were unaware of the fact that their cars were equipped with CVT, but just auto transmission. Also those were the earliest CVTs introduced by the Honda. There might be some issues. Oil burning issue was with the GP1.

CVT gear box is very sensitive in this model and had to be used with care. CVT oil has to be strictly replaced in every 15000KM or less to keep it going. Other than that there's no any other inherent issues.

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

@alpha17 early GP1 had oil burning issues, true. But what's with the 'expensive maintenance' on GD1? I mean it is a basic car with a 1.3L engine & a slushbox. Right?

Other than the 15,000km CVT fluid change, those honda engines were pretty solid.  Saying that about the “expensive maintenance”...Yes, those two words are surely going to spill out from any typical SL car owners mouth, right after saying “Honda”. Honda parts are a “bit” pricier than Toyota ones, but that’s not an issue to own a Honda. Also there is a bit of a problem when it comes to finding parts as it was not imported to SL in heaps like those Vitz and 121 models.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Other than the 15,000km CVT fluid change, those honda engines were pretty solid.  Saying that about the “expensive maintenance”...Yes, those two words are surely going to spill out from any typical SL car owners mouth, right after saying “Honda”. Honda parts are a “bit” pricier than Toyota ones, but that’s not an issue to own a Honda. Also there is a bit of a problem when it comes to finding parts as it was not imported to SL in heaps like those Vitz and 121 models.

Myth....original ones, especially from the agents are more or less the same. In some cases Stafford was cheaper for our CRV than Toy Lanka is for the RAV4. The thing is there are far more fake and 3rd party parts (in varying quality and price points) for a Toyota than a Honda.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iRage said:

Myth....original ones, especially from the agents are more or less the same. In some cases Stafford was cheaper for our CRV than Toy Lanka. The thing is there are far more fake and 3rd party parts (in varying quality and price points) for a Toyota than a Honda.

Oh sorry!!

On 10/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, □AVANTE□ said:

Such a nice car & I have heard lots of praise for its driving feel & economy. Looks funky too especially with a spoiler and some nice rims.

Heard/read about some sort of issue with the auto-gearbox, something regarding the oil or maintenance but can't exactly remember what. Also people say it's expensive to maintain. Is that compared to the others in this segment (glanza, K12, Passo, swift) or is it really expensive to maintain? 

Thanks in advance!

Its just a good old jap hatch with a bit more space than usual...nothing expensive the CVT issue was due to people not doing the oil changes in a timely manner. 

http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/how-to-avoid-cvt-gearbox-failures-in-honda-city-fit-jazz-a-sri-lankan-perspective/

A friend of mine owns one...actually she's  been  driving it for ages now and boy she meets with an accident at least once a month and her usage pattern...is well lets just say she doesn't maintain it well and that thing still keeps running. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, matroska said:

Its just a good old jap hatch with a bit more space than usual...nothing expensive the CVT issue was due to people not doing the oil changes in a timely manner. 

http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/how-to-avoid-cvt-gearbox-failures-in-honda-city-fit-jazz-a-sri-lankan-perspective/

A friend of mine owns one...actually she's  been  driving it for ages now and boy she meets with an accident at least once a month and her usage pattern...is well lets just say she doesn't maintain it well and that thing still keeps running. 

Yes! This was that article I read a long time ago! I guess the GD1 might be our next car (if we sell the swift that is). Thanks guys!

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I have experiencing big trouble due to my Honda Fit GD 1 car's transmission failure of gear 2 to 3... There is a big vibration at this transmission stage and its third gear box now has this failure. 

Please recommend a place to get repair this issue.

Thanks