• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Insurance 2019/2020

dhanushkahw

Hi Mates

I just bought my 141 corolla. It’s previous owner only had a 3rd party Insurance so that I am hoping to have a Full Insurance at least for this year. This is my first ride so better to have a Full insurance ?. Mates so that I am searching for following info. To get a Full insurance with the best company available 

1.your Insurance company

2. Insurance type Full or 3rd party

3.How much per year with your Vehicle type and valuation

4.How fast they paid your last insurance claim

5.How is their customer service when claiming 

Thanks

Edited by dhanushkahw

3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

68k? What's the valuation?

3.85 mil.Do you think that 68k is too much? For my previous car which was valued at 2.8 mil I paid 50k for the premium.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

Hi Mates

I just bought my 141 corolla. It’s previous owner only had a 3rd party Insurance so that I am hoping to have a Full Insurance at least for this year. This is my first ride so better to have a Full insurance ?. Mates so that I am searching for following info. To get a Full insurance

1.your Insurance company

2. Insurance type Full or 3rd party

3.How much per year with your Vehicle type

4.How fast they paid your last insurance claim

5.How is their customer service when claiming 

Thanks

[1] Con######## 

[2] Full

[3] 89 K (with Terrorism cover added in April)  for a car worth 6M

[4] Dear lord I do not want to find out

[5] Refer [4] 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yeap. I have heard Many positives on fairfirst too.No idea on charges though.

Premium is a bit high, but impressive service 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I paid 74k for a 3.5mil cover by c******o V*P this year! Damned extortionists -_-

j********i charged us 75k for our old stingray covered 3.4mil. :P

Curious..will insurance be the same/slightly higher for an evo 4 valued at probably 2.8mil when compared with the CS Lancer valued at almost the same price.

Or is there a skyhigh difference?

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Thanks 1

Searched several threads and reviews of what’s the best vehicle insurance company available in the market. Seems SL Insurance and c******o has positive reviews and others have negative feedbacks. But the premium for these two companies are very high. My friend told me about cooperative Ins. But couldn’t find any feedback about that

Got my renewal next week, SL*C. Premium came as100k for a value 5.5mn. 

However,  there was a claim that I did not get realized hoping to adjust that and will come down to around 85k.

Agree with claiming process, have done couple of claims and it was easy dealing with them. 

And they gave a credit period of 2 months to pay the premium.

• Thanks 1

1.Your Insurance company - SLIC

2. Insurance type Full or 3rd party - Full

3.How much per year with your Vehicle type and valuation - 103000LKR for vehicle valued at 8.7 million

4.How fast they paid your last insurance claim - Pretty fast. Never had to fuss over it so far.

5.How is their customer service when claiming - So far so good.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

Searched several threads and reviews of what’s the best vehicle insurance company available in the market. Seems SL Insurance and c******o has positive reviews and others have negative feedbacks. But the premium for these two companies are very high. My friend told me about cooperative Ins. But couldn’t find any feedback about that

I only went ahead with coop because of their low premium when comparing with others at that point. Plus I had my previous car’s insurance transferred to the new one so I only had to pay the remaining balance. A friend of mine who is with coop told me that it took him a month to get his claim post repairing his car over a small accident. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

1.your Insurance company - SLIC

2. Insurance type Full or 3rd party - FULL

3.How much per year with your Vehicle type and valuation - 65k for 3.5 Mil (Toyota Vitz 2016)

4.How fast they paid your last insurance claim - No claims from this vehicle but in my prev. vehicle which was also insured from the same company, it was settled as a fast claim where the agent estimated the claim amount, I agreed to the amount and the company directly put money in to my Bank Account so I only had to repair it and show them (showing them is optional but its better to do it so they update that in the system and won't have problems in future claims). Their instant claim approval is only for under Rs. 50,000 claim. 

I also claimed another one prior to the last, it came to about 45,000. It took some time to process as the garage initially gave a lower quotation and while doing the job they said there are some damages they have missed so that the garage had to re-apply for an extension of the claim amount etc. The garage took care of most of the documentation process apart from the initial claim form so it wasn't a hassle for me. However, I took the car home after repairs before settling as the garage owner knows me well and after about 1 week I paid him after I got the money to my Bank. There were no deductions for labor costs but I had to incur about Rs. 1500 out of pocket due to a replacement part being more expensive than SLIC approved value (side valance). Overall good service not much of delays if you follow up regularly.

5.How is their customer service when claiming - I am dealing with an agent so I get him to do all the things internally. They are not the best in customer service (maybe because they're gov. owned). but it's no reason to boycott them. 8/10 would recommend SLIC.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

1.Your Insurance company - SLIC
2. Insurance type Full or 3rd party - Full insurance
3.How much per year with your Vehicle type and valuation -75 thousand for a vehicle valued at 3.1 million (although I got free car valuation from several companies and I got pretty different results, some better I would say)
4.How fast they paid your last insurance claim - Very quick and without any problems
5. How is their customer service when claiming - I'm satisfied with everything so far, great customer service

Edited by ZoeSkinner
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks all. finally I also joined SLIC. My premium was 62k for 2m valuation. I had some claims and it was fast and easy. But now I have got my 2nd year premium as 72k. I think thats because of the claims I took. But when I searched the marked coorp gave me a quotation for 42k. I am now thinking of changing to coop. Please anyone have bad experience with coorp ?? 

Edited by dhanushkahw

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

Thanks all. finally I also joined SLIC. My premium was 62k for 2m valuation. I had some claims and it was fast and easy. But now I have got my 2nd year premium as 72k. I think thats because of the claims I took. But when I searched the marked coorp gave me a quotation for 42k. I am now thinking of changing to coop. Please anyone have bad experience with coorp ?? 

usually COOP never approve full claim povided by assessor before doing the repair.

In my case, after doing the repair and providing the bill, they cut off about 20% further! Never again COOP.

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

Wow SLIC has driven their prices up. My premium at c******o V*P is 75k for a 3.5m cover and no increase of premium no matter how many claims (instead I lose the NCB for that year)

Edited by Hyaenidae