• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help me to find a car

Lucky345

Hello friends ,

I am planning to buy a car , currently I'm driving 2010 vitz , it's not much comfortable to drive because I'm driving Colombo to Badulla once in a month. Need to be reasonable in fuel. My budget around 30 lk , can stretch little bit. I'm not having good knowledge about vehicles. Following are on my mind.

01. Prius 2010

02. GP 1 2013

03. GP 5 2014

04. Axio 2007 

I value your valuable ideas bros and sis 

??????

1 hour ago, Skyonline said:

That wont be a big difference from the Vitz he currently has :specially for long trips.

19 hours ago, Lucky345 said:

01. Prius 2010

02. GP 1 2013

03. GP 5 2014

04. Axio 2007 

An unabused GP1 would be  a decent choice given its a mild hybrid  IMA is relatively uncomplicated and has given comparatively  less trouble over the years avoid the chassis # range affected by the oil leak issue. Get a battery test and good to go.

Axio 2007 is a good choice but these cars have been abused for over 10 years now and changed hands like a 20 rupee note. (Its VERY difficult to find honest  unabused Axios Allions and Premios)

Why dont you also consider Lancer CS(1/2/3) around 2011/2012 , mazda 3 (2010 if youre lucky) or a Corolla 141 (non JDM) ?

Don't consider about the hybrids, as most of the batteries are in their last breath at the moment. If comfort and fuel is a priority then, a Toyota would suit you better, but most of them have been abused by the owners. Considering that fact, you'd be better of with something like a Mazda or Honda, but you'll have some issues when sourcing parts from Badulla area.

The 141 corolla which is brand newly imported is a good choice, as most of them have been imported for permits and maintained by the agents, so you'll be getting a more trustworthy car. On the other hand it would not be economical as other Toyota cars, but easier to maintain than an Axio. A relation of mine who lives in Diyathalawa avoided the 141 in their 2008 permit, considering about the bad fuel economy.

7 hours ago, matroska said:

That wont be a big difference from the Vitz he currently has :specially for long trips.

An unabused GP1 would be  a decent choice given its a mild hybrid  IMA is relatively uncomplicated and has given comparatively  less trouble over the years avoid the chassis # range affected by the oil leak issue. Get a battery test and good to go.

Axio 2007 is a good choice but these cars have been abused for over 10 years now and changed hands like a 20 rupee note. (Its VERY difficult to find honest  unabused Axios Allions and Premios)

Why dont you also consider Lancer CS(1/2/3) around 2011/2012 , mazda 3 (2010 if youre lucky) or a Corolla 141 (non JDM) ?

Mazda , Lancer not much good with fuel isn't it ,  my car machanics told me 141 also very bad with fuel , but like tha look of 141. 

How about GP5 - 2013/14 , and is there way that I get a Prius 2008 and spend around 2 lak and make it use for another 2-3 yrs, Bcos im Government officer and I will have my permit in next 2 yrs. 

Thank you everyone please be kind to answer

???????

On 10/12/2019 at 4:12 PM, Lucky345 said:

Mazda , Lancer not much good with fuel isn't it ,  my car machanics told me 141 also very bad with fuel , but like tha look of 141. 

How about GP5 - 2013/14 , and is there way that I get a Prius 2008 and spend around 2 lak and make it use for another 2-3 yrs, Bcos im Government officer and I will have my permit in next 2 yrs. 

Thank you everyone please be kind to answer

???????

A 11 year old Prius is a recipe for disaster also note those were the first hybrids to become popular and so many of them were fleet cars (taxis...) and those run half a million km and the meter gets rolled back.

The GP5 is a nice car but can quickly go south and if you do want to resell in 2 years then might not be a good option. Also you cant get a GP5 for 3 Mill.

If you *really* want a hybrid and fuel economy  the best option is a GP1 - simple mild hybrid so little to go wrong (avoid the oil leak issue affected VIN# range ) 

Don't just consider fuel savings... At the end of the day what matters is total cost of ownership.On long distance most cars give decent fuel mileage.

As you intend to use for 2 years the best option is to go for a old school non hybrid simple sedan like Lancer/ Corolla 141...

If you want marginally better fuel economy consider something like a Yaris/Belta at the expense of comfort.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matroska said:

A 11 year old Prius is a recipe for disaster also note those were the first hybrids to become popular and so many of them were fleet cars (taxis...) and those run half a million km and the meter gets rolled back.

The GP5 is a nice car but can quickly go south and if you do want to resell in 2 years then might not be a good option. Also you cant get a GP5 for 3 Mill.

If you *really* want a hybrid and fuel economy  the best option is a GP1 - simple mild hybrid so little to go wrong (avoid the oil leak issue affected VIN# range ) 

Don't just consider fuel savings... At the end of the day what matters is total cost of ownership.On long distance most cars give decent fuel mileage.

As you intend to use for 2 years the best option is to go for a old school non hybrid simple sedan like Lancer/ Corolla 141...

If you want marginally better fuel economy consider something like a Yaris/Belta at the expense of comfort.  

Awesome explanation bro. Way you explain NB things make me ask this from you , What about Axio 2007-8 ?  And comfort which one is better GP 5 / GP 1 / Yaris / Belts ? 

Thank you so much , value your opinions lot 

9 minutes ago, Lucky345 said:

Awesome explanation bro. Way you explain NB things make me ask this from you , What about Axio 2007-8 ?  And comfort which one is better GP 5 / GP 1 / Yaris / Belts ? 

Thank you so much , value your opinions lot 

You're welcome... Axio 2007 is ok as long as you find a good car which is a bit difficult these days. Also the 2007 Axio had an issue with the dashboard deteriorating (starts to develop holes) due to our extreme heat. But if you can find a well maintained Axio around 2008 it would be a good pick. 

Comfort wise GP5  is more comfier than the rest ... GP1, Yaris and Belta are more or less in the same boat when it comes to comfort but GP1 has much more space inside (headroom/legspace) if you're a tall person you're going to appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered a Stingray ? 

I had the same conundrum two years ago (a broke junior doctor,, permit in two years time) ,,I got a Suzuki Stingray ,, which is a kei car ,, has a tall structure, heaps of space,, and allegedly 34km/l hybrid ,,(mine does around 20 in the hill country) ..

It has all the fancy stuff like,, lane departure warning, Lazer  brakes, etc etc ..

I bought mine brand-new 2018 Stingray for 33lakhs ,, 

But I know the government hiked the prizes ,, but still I think you'll be able to get a good deal .. Also keep in mind there are a few variants ..

1) Stingray 4wd turbo (don't buy)

2) wagon R  Stingray 

3) wagon R fz 

4) wagon R safety

5) wagon R non safety 

And last and the least the A*W one...

Check the Facebook page wagon R owners club for more details.. .

Personally I'm thrilled with my wagon R .. and just like me ,, after a two year stint once you get the permit you can aim for something really hot ..

9 hours ago, Ranjitha said:

Have you considered a Stingray ? 

I had the same conundrum two years ago (a broke junior doctor,, permit in two years time) ,,I got a Suzuki Stingray ,, which is a kei car ,, has a tall structure, heaps of space,, and allegedly 34km/l hybrid ,,(mine does around 20 in the hill country) ..

It has all the fancy stuff like,, lane departure warning, Lazer  brakes, etc etc ..

I bought mine brand-new 2018 Stingray for 33lakhs ,, 

But I know the government hiked the prizes ,, but still I think you'll be able to get a good deal .. Also keep in mind there are a few variants ..

1) Stingray 4wd turbo (don't buy)

2) wagon R  Stingray 

3) wagon R fz 

4) wagon R safety

5) wagon R non safety 

And last and the least the A*W one...

Check the Facebook page wagon R owners club for more details.. .

Personally I'm thrilled with my wagon R .. and just like me ,, after a two year stint once you get the permit you can aim for something really hot ..

Yes.. I have , problem is , stingray not much comfortable for long distance drive, I have tried my friends one for several occasions. 

Thank you bro