• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Santafe 2012

ChamindaW

Question

I would like to know the difference between the 2.4L Petrol 4WD 7 seater and the 2.2CRDi diesel 4WD 7 seater. Ive noticed some differences in the audio setup area. My friends diesel has a small screen which loads the car when starting and the petrol doesn't. Help is appreciated 

thanks 

8 answers to this question

7 hours ago, ChamindaW said:

I would like to know the difference between the 2.4L Petrol 4WD 7 seater and the 2.2CRDi diesel 4WD 7 seater. Ive noticed some differences in the audio setup area. My friends diesel has a small screen which loads the car when starting and the petrol doesn't. Help is appreciated 

thanks 

So when you are talking about differences you mean the differences in accessories and features...not the actual differences in performance or capability.

In general a vehicle's features and accessories are dependent on the vehicles GRADE (or trim level) rather than the specific engine it uses. So a model that is a grade G will have more less the same basic features and accessories (plus any additional things the buyer would have added on when purchasing) irrespective of whether it has a diesel engine or petrol engine. 

Granted in some vehicle models the diesels would have had a certain set of grades whilst the petrol variants had a slightly different set of grades. These might also change dependent on the exact year of the car as with minor changes and updates things change a bit.

Find a catalog of the vehicle you are looking at and see what the base accessories and features are. Then that is your base comparison and to be honest your only comparison for bells and whistles and realizing what a grade/trim-level should be. Do not try to figure out whether a vehicle is a certain grade by the accessories it has because people can order (or take out) accessories and features (that are in addtion to the base accessories and features)

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, vag2 said:

heard since recently that spare parts for Kia only available at the agent, not more in small businesses. same is valid for Hyundai?

Spare parts as in Filters / Break pads etc?   I just changed my break pads for Kia Sorento last week. Parts were sourced from Maharagama.

2 hours ago, vag2 said:

heard since recently that spare parts for Kia only available at the agent, not more in small businesses. same is valid for Hyundai?

1 hour ago, vag2 said:

not service, parts for workshop repairs (power train, chassis, steering, suspension, body parts)

1 hour ago, JayZ said:

Oh, probably.  Havent seen any body parts on display for Kia / Hyundai models around delkanda also. 

You guys are so wrong. Go to Ajantha Motors at CP De Silva Mawatha, Moratuwa. They have a yard full korean body parts and powertrain parts

https://www.google.com/maps/@6.8063016,79.8800267,3a,75y,218.3h,77.93t

• Like 2