• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz 2019 jerk when deacceralating

NASk

Question

My vitz 2019 makes litte jerk when deacceralating but not every time and also I noticed breaking with deacceralating it is not happening  , furthermore it is not happening when acceralating . 

Could I know this is general thing in vitz or it is a problem? Thanks

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, NASk said:

My vitz 2019 makes litte jerk when deacceralating but not every time and also I noticed breaking with deacceralating it is not happening  , furthermore it is not happening when acceralating . 

Don’t go fact finding and troubleshooting the 1KR Vitz, it’s really never ending

the engine is poorly balanced, bit underpowered and very noisy, probably cost cutting way poor effort on Toyota, but they are very reliable so don’t worry, most 2015 Vitz here are being sold as 20000km when they’ve done beyond 80000km, they age that good.

mated to the cvt, yes it’s very jerky on deceleration and sudden acceleration, Improves after the oil heats up, maybe about 15min drive but you still can feel it,

drive a 1l Suzuki boosterjet car, whatever it is, you ll feel like kicking yourself; same way I felt, they’ve put a lot of effort on that engine design. 

8 hours ago, NASk said:

Your 2019 Vitz is a 8 year old design....but the kicker is the 1KR engine is actually a 15 yar old design. It was not good then and it is not good now. It was introduced as an option for a budget car (for those who wanted a bit more than a kei car but didn't wnat a larger capacity engine). Toyota did not bother developing that engine at all (so yes...similar capacity engines from other manufacturers in the same segment of vehicle are much newer). What Toyota did focus on is developing the 1.3 and 1.5L engines...which completely change the car...and by most accounts as economical as the 1L 1KR in the real world