• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 141 Inspection Report

dhanushkahw

Hi Guys Need Help

I checked one of my well know friends Toyota 141 car expecting to buy it. Following report was received after inspection. It is a 2007 model. There was no issues while he was using it. So I attached some pictures of the results.

What are the major concerns I should be worried. How much it will cost to rectify these

Updated with Balance sheets also. Guys please help with your knoladge3.JPG.640f079e71419533f93d0d144e3fa80a.JPG

. Capture.JPG.901e952de0136cc5c411681fee481234.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by dhanushkahw

All these need to be fixed, can be done outside the agent for fraction of the price.

Steering problem is common, you should be able to get a brand new one from guys importing parts from Thailand, so is the radiator, recommend replacing both of them for safety of you and the engine.

These are common issues on a car over 10 years old don't worry too much since the other areas seems to be in good nick.

• Like 1

Nothing too bad.Most of these thigns are common wear and tear and are a part of the periodic pre-emptive maintenance schedule anyway. The only abnormalities would be the steering rack and the radiator; which again can be expected from a 10 year old car....you just need to figure out if you are willing to spend the money (which you will have to do no matter what you buy).

• Like 1

I went for known garage and discussed these issues

1. There was no issue with the steering Rack. I also checked there was no issue

2. Coolant lines were connected using glue type. This was the issue. Should I replace all of them or is it a common practice ? :o

Should I do them . I discussed with the mechanic and he told that some of the issues were not required to replace or repair as they are comparing with a 100% correct condition . Is it correct ?

I need to identify what are the urgent repairs that need to be done so please help with your knowladge

:rolleyes::car-smiley-001:

Edited by dhanushkahw

7 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

2. Coolant lines were connected using glue type. This was the issue. Should I replace all of them or is it a common practice ? :o

Should I do them . I discussed with the mechanic and he told that some of the issues were not required to replace or repair as they are comparing with a 100% correct condition . Is it correct ?

I need to identify what are the urgent repairs that need to be done so please help with your knowladge

This was the my experience I had about these inspection reports. Before I purchased my vehicle I took an inspection report from the same place.

20191009_211615.thumb.jpg.2a99b93ac35275106f817350c32794ef.jpg

20191009_211652.thumb.jpg.c4180baaf7a3b330eaee954477b3d157.jpg

My main concern was an accident free vehicle. Hence I proceeded with the purchase. But before start using, I wanted to send it for service and have an idea about urgent repairs. This was the report I received from TL

20191009_211908.thumb.jpg.9cccc4228efa15e98cc2ac140c0f89ee.jpg

There were few things needs to be repaired urgently as per their report. (written in handwriting). Did all excluding brake pads thing and still using the vehicle without any issues. But it doesn't mean that earlier report was inaccurate. That's their inspection standards and better to be prepared for other repairs too.

• Like 2

All of them are just simple running repairs, which would cost you around rs.50,000 if done from a trustworthy garage(excluding the steering rack issue). Toyo Lan has high labour charges and would cost a fortune for all the jobs. What I do is, I buy parts from them and get the parts installed from my mechanic.

I hope that the issue with the coolant line is the broken tip which fits to a pipe, located near the radiator cap. Toyo Lan mentioned as replacing the whole radiator to fix the issue, but my mechanic installed a brass tip as he said the breakage is inherent in all those cars like Axio, Allion and Premio.

Edited by alpha17
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 5:51 PM, dhanushkahw said:

On 10/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, dhanuFB15 said:

Majority of repairs are common. Toyota lanka always show errors for another two three years future, Visit know garage and check highlighted errors again.

and this is the reason why used cars in Sri Lanka are a big pile of feces....If you take a used car in Japan, Germany, Australia, Singapore, etc...even the old cars are in good running condition because they replace and repair worn out items so that they remain as close as possible to 100% functionality. 

When ANYONE who knows how to do an inspection report does an inspection report..it done on the basis of how much items have been worn out from a proper functioning state (with the agent it is based on the recommended thresholds the manufacturer suggests) and recommendations for replacement is done on how much life of it could probably be left from "100%" as you put it. First of all...learn to read the report....it says those components are BAD...which means they are lower than what the manufacturer would recommend it should be and replacement/fixing is recommended as soon as possible.  Toyota (or any other agent) would recommend replacing complete units as per manufacturers recommendation. Most of the fix up solutions we use are not manufacturer recommended. For example, punching in bushes in control arms is a common practice in SL...but manufacturers do not recommend it. Their recommendation is to replace the entire arm. Thus the reason the control arm that came with the car runs for 10 years and the arm with the punched bushes lasts only for 5-7, same with the radiator....now...should you take the short cut fixes...it is up to you to determine what would work for you.

Yes...a used car that is 10 or 11 years old is going to be worn out..and what the inspection report shows is that it is worn out and needs to be replaced because it is worn out from what it should be...if the report says bad..that means the part is at or is nearing what the recommended minimum level of wear and tear is.. Does the the component have a little bit of life on it left...yes of course...that does not mean it should be used until it is completely broken.

Stop being cheap...replace the bushes and stuff. Like some of the members here have told you...all those things that are indicated as bad are things that get replaced in a vehicle at a 100K or 10yr scheduled preemptive maintenance schedule. 

I am sorry but your known baas sounds like a maka baas. If he was a proper baas...he would have advised you that these bushes are going to be worn out and would need replacement anyway...so might as well change them sooner rather than later and give you a reliable car to drive around in as opposed to wait till it is completely worn out or broken (it might cost you more to fix if the part completely breaks) . So your baas pretty much told you not to follow the manufacturer's preemptive maintenance schedule. How did you and your baas check the play on the steering ? and check the steering rack? When bushes get worn out there could be a slight play in the steering. Such play will not be that evident when the vehicle is sitting on the ground and the bushes are load bearing. As for why the rack is bad....it probably was because seals and and other components in the rack were showing age. Also...wear on the bushes and other suspension components along with continuous use can put excessive wear on certain components on the rack.

Again...do not buy a used car...90% of the used cars in SL are crap because of cheap users not maintaining them properly. Buy an unregistered, previously unused in SL, personally selected and imported Vitz. There are plenty of them in car sales. With those...go get them inspected..if everything is clear.....buy it..if not just go to the next Vitz.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1