• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check Engine Light And Unable to Start After Going through Water

carmad91

Hi Auto Lovers, 

I need your help. 

Im having a Toyota Allion 260 2013 model. Yesterday car got stalled after going through a water puddle. 

Road was having water for about 3-4 inches and I went through the water for about 100M's. When I took a turn there was a water puddle where it had about 1ft - 11/2ft depth for about 5 meters. 

Soon after I passed it, I lost acceleration. Then brakes dropped too. Then I stopped the engine and cranked again. still no acceleration and brakes were not up to the usual standard. 

In few seconds the CHECK ENGINE warning popped and I stopped the engine. Now I cant start my engine. It cranks but cuts off immediately. 

Please advice me why this is happening and advise some remedies. 

Thank you All!

Edited by Davy
Changed topic title. Added search tags.

You shouldn't have tried to stop and start the engine I guess. Only option is now to carry it to a reputed place/agent to do a proper scan to see possible water damage to engine and sensors.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If the car is behaving abnormally and the Check Engine light is on, then that's a good thing! Because the car knows what is wrong. As @hrm said, take it to a good garage and get it scanned. I recommend the agent for a diagnostic scan as they will be able to perform a better diagnosis using their propitiatory scanning equipment.

If the engine stalls as soon as it starts, it can be the crank sensor as @vag2 mentioned. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1