• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dr's permit 2019 , budget of 3-5mn

Ranjitha

Question

Hi what options do I have for my permit ..

What's yields the best value for it..

Resalable, reliable , modern ,

Ok fuel economy.. (for a family of two..) 

SUV or a car 

Anyone who has used 

Toyota chr , mg z , purgeot3008 , axio etc personnel input appreciated ,, (economy, insurance, parts, the overall experience etc) 

15 answers to this question

9 hours ago, vag2 said:

Well you have the many traditional options for that price range.

Resalable depends on how long you plan to keep it.

If its a few years, I would stick to Toyota and avoid Hybrids.

Otherwise if you want to be adventurous,

http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/21020-dfsk-580/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-325705

Thank you.. your input is much appreciated.. And no hell no ..no basics no dfsks .. It's the same old micro saga

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kush said:

CH-R/ Corolla Sport you pay only for the car on the permit

Only issue rear seat space which will not be a priority for you

Thank you kush.. the chr was already on my radar .. Thanks to you I will now look into corolla sport .. me and my wife are a little on the hefty side (6" 90 kg ,5'8" 80 kg ,, but yeah no kids yet.. So an SUV that has good shot gun space,, is much valued.. And yes.. The back seats.. Not so much)

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

The new Corolla Sedan and Corolla Touring wagon with the 1.2L  would also be an option but those come with only a 6MT. THe Hybrid 1.8 and Gasoline 1.8L will attract taxes.

Thank you Iraj ? .. yes I should look into  corolla models..

6 hours ago, vag2 said:

Interesting, I guess this is the first MT from a regular Toyota model in a long time?

Hmmm...good point...actually...the Axios and Vitzies have always had a MT variant :) Just that normal people did not buy them. They were mostly bought by fleet owners, people who were going to mod it, etc...

Sweet spot for the permit is 1200cc petrol or 1500cc hybrid hence the 3008/5008/CH-R/ Corolla Sport or Aqua/ Axio/ Fit/ Grace/ Vezel/ or New Insight (expensive though) 

1300-1500 you get a good choice from the likes of Civic/ CRV/ Audi../ BMW.. / Mercs although personally you will not benifit much unless you're using your own permit

image.png.738ea0868f393fcda8a70640b75f27a3.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kush said:

Sweet spot for the permit is 1200cc petrol or 1500cc hybrid hence the 3008/5008/CH-R/ Corolla Sport or Aqua/ Axio/ Fit/ Grace/ Vezel/ or New Insight (expensive though) 

1300-1500 you get a good choice from the likes of Civic/ CRV/ Audi../ BMW.. / Mercs although personally you will not benifit much unless you're using your own permit

image.png.738ea0868f393fcda8a70640b75f27a3.png

Thank you kush.. Any thoughts on the qashqai ??

17 hours ago, Ranjitha said:

Thank you kush.. Any thoughts on the qashqai ??

I think it is a good option, has a very good following in UK

In SL context since it is a "Nissan" it will be looked down upon by so so ""Toyota/ Honda"" clan.

In fact I was considering this for my self then i decided on the Corolla Sport we did not want two SUVs in the family.

New face lifted comes with 1.3L engine, plus you will get the warranty and technical support of the agent.

And will be within your budget

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kush said:

Not vale for permit as it is a 1.0L duty only Rs. 2.0 Mn. your permit is worth more

There is an incoming luxury tax alteration neda ,, Apparently anything above 3.5 mil CIF is going to be taxable.. so yes time to buy a Maruti using my permit ????