• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141 spare parts and body parts availability

Sampath44

Question

Hello experts, 

I have finally decided to buy a Corolla 141. I am OK with its below-average fuel performance.

My biggest concern is spare parts and body parts availability. Because few people said you have to import body parts from Dubai or somewhere if the car faces any accident.

I would like to know about your experience and advice about this issue. Is it true that 141 spare parts and body parts are very rare to find? I am from Kurunegala. 

Another thing is let's say I get full insurance and just in case I have to import some parts from a foreign country after accidental damage. Will the insurance company cover the cost or will they only pay for local repairs?  

Thank you all.

7 answers to this question

I don’t think that 141’s parts are that much rare in SL, because the car had been imported in heaps for the 2008 era permits. AFAIK 141 carries the same doors of the Axio, so no worries for them. I checked the quick sale site and most of the body parts are available there. If any model had been imported in large quantities to SL, parts are available. There is a bit of rarity in parts, because they were not so popular as the Axio. Another fact is that most of the body parts importers are sourcing out parts mainly from Japan, as there were no 141s manufactured for the Japanese domestic market. But now it’s been well over a decade since the car was introduced to SL, you might not need to worry about importing body parts. But you might have to search a bit. That’s all.

What you said about importing parts from Dubai is not correct, because the same car was sold in countries like Thailand and Singapore, where there are plenty of importers to source you the parts. But I don’t think that you’ll not be able to find body parts in SL, as it was a bit popular car in SL.

If something cannot be found, just get it imported from Toyo*a Lan*a and the insurance guys would pass you the required amount of money.

p.s - Why worry when you are from Kurunegala? There are plenty of car parts available there.

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 1

Mechanical parts will not be a problem.....

Body parts...If the car is an Axio, you can walk it to one or two neighbouring shops in Delkanda and find all the parts to build yourself a complete car. Well..with the Expor Corolla that will not be the case. You are not going ot find mountains of car parts, but you will find them. Importing parts, if you have to, is not that complicated...you will always find a supplier who can bring it down from Dubai, Thailand, Singapore, etc....

• Like 1

There are number of places that bring down parts from Thailand (brand new) in fact they are cheaper than the used parts of Axio imported from Japan.

Actually with this car you don't need to use used parts even for mechanical stuff

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sampath44 said:

I am from Kurunegala. 

Dude you are living in a hotbed for spare parts ? even for most of the older cars (1980's corolla's etc - parts can still be found in Kurunegala) 141 won;t be a problem.

• Like 1