• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota axio 161(non hybrid version)

Amazing 007

Question

15 answers to this question

Is it worth 4.1 million? - Yes, when compared with other Toyotas it’s better.

Common problems - No any serious problems. But look if the CVT gearbox is maintained properly by changing the fluid on time (40,000km intervals).  If the car has done over 100,000km, some running repairs should be done such as engine mounts, suspension, steering rack and AC compressor. 

Fuel economy - If carefully driven, 11-12 kmpl in traffic,16-17kmpl in long trips and around 20kmpl in highway can be achieved.(There might be 1-2kmpl differences, but trust me, the 161 is a fuel efficient car)

There are some downsides I noticed.

-The interior is a bit of a let down. Cheaply built, but would stand the test of time. Meter panel looks like taken out from a Vitz.

-The engine is a bit unrefined and noisy when stationary, but can’t be heard when driving (This is when compared with cars like Allion and Premio)

-Boring to drive with numb steering, but easier

Overall I find it a bit better for long time usage than the Hybrid variant. Hybrid versions might be in their past breaths of the battery. 

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked.

Any recommendations - There are Allions and Premios for the same price manufactured in 2007-2008 where you would be having an extremely narrow chance of finding a good one. They share the same powertrain, but are noticeably more comfortable and refined. The 161 is a good car for just A-B transportation with good fuel economy and less hassle for maintenance. Then you’ll have the 141 2011-2012 variant which are brand newly imported and most of them have been maintained from Toyo ** Lan**. They are designed for SL road conditions and have normal automatic gearbox (not CVT) so requires less maintenance. I prefer the look of the 141 varian over the 161 due to looks, but that’s my personal taste. Also you’ll get no Smart Key and  Push start in the 141, but the interior is a bit better in the 141. The 2011-2012 version engines are a bit different than the older version, which would be better in terms of fuel economy and performance (1600cc).

There are some other good cars like Mazda Axela 2009-2012 model which is more sporty to drive, but would be a bit harder to sell and harder to maintain if you are far away from a main city like Colombo, Kandy, Matara or Kurunegala. 

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, vag2 said:

if I was going to buy a 5 year old car, I would stay away from the hybrid system related repairs or replacement headaches. Just look at how many Aquas are now coming in with the "ready-mode" problem.

It’s the non hybrid version that he wants mate

25 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Is it worth 4.1 million? - Yes, when compared with other Toyotas it’s better.

Common problems - No any serious problems. But look if the CVT gearbox is maintained properly by changing the fluid on time (40,000km intervals).  If the car has done over 100,000km, some running repairs should be done such as engine mounts, suspension, steering rack and AC compressor. 

Fuel economy - If carefully driven, 11-12 kmpl in traffic,16-17kmpl in long trips and around 20kmpl in highway can be achieved.(There might be 1-2kmpl differences, but trust me, the 161 is a fuel efficient car)

There are some downsides I noticed.

-The interior is a bit of a let down. Cheaply built, but would stand the test of time. Meter panel looks like taken out from a Vitz.

-The engine is a bit unrefined and noisy when stationary, but can’t be heard when driving (This is when compared with cars like Allion and Premio)

-Boring to drive with numb steering, but easier

Overall I find it a bit better for long time usage than the Hybrid variant. Hybrid versions might be in their past breaths of the battery. 

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked.

Any recommendations - There are Allions and Premios for the same price manufactured in 2007-2008 where you would be having an extremely narrow chance of finding a good one. They share the same powertrain, but are noticeably more comfortable and refined. The 161 is a good car for just A-B transportation with good fuel economy and less hassle for maintenance. Then you’ll have the 141 2011-2012 variant which are brand newly imported and most of them have been maintained from Toyo ** Lan**. They are designed for SL road conditions and have normal automatic gearbox (not CVT) so requires less maintenance. I prefer the look of the 141 varian over the 161 due to looks, but that’s my personal taste. Also you’ll get no Smart Key and  Push start in the 141, but the interior is a bit better in the 141. The 2011-2012 version engines are a bit different than the older version, which would be better in terms of fuel economy and performance (1600cc).

There are some other good cars like Mazda Axela 2009-2012 model which is more sporty to drive, but would be a bit harder to sell and harder to maintain if you are far away from a main city like Colombo, Kandy, Matara or Kurunegala. 

ohh mate well explained answer :) many thanks to you

I still don't know how to give reputations like other forums, sorry for that

besides the main topic I would like to ask about the Mazda 3 2014 sedan model i guess its comes with Sky-active engine
Any idea about that ? Fuel consumption and other common things 

thanks again :)

40 minutes ago, vag2 said:

if I was going to buy a 5 year old car, I would stay away from the hybrid system related repairs or replacement headaches. Just look at how many Aquas are now coming in with the "ready-mode" problem.

no mate, i'm asking about the non hybrid version 

anyway thanks for the reply :)

8 minutes ago, Amazing 007 said:

ohh mate well explained answer :) many thanks to you

I still don't know how to give reputations like other forums, sorry for that

besides the main topic I would like to ask about the Mazda 3 2014 sedan model i guess its comes with Sky-active engine
Any idea about that ? Fuel consumption and other common things 

thanks again :)

I haven’t driven one yet. Yes, it has the Skyactive engine, which would give you a slight bump of power over the Axio, but 2-3 kmpl less. They are really good cars but the 3 which is the brand new imported version of the Axela gives less options(not even automatic climate control). For sure they are nicer to drive than a Toyota.

15 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

I haven’t driven one yet. Yes, it has the Skyactive engine, which would give you a slight bump of power over the Axio, but 2-3 kmpl less. They are really good cars but the 3 which is the brand new imported version of the Axela gives less options(not even automatic climate control). For sure they are nicer to drive than a Toyota.

thanks mate :) 

16 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked

In fact Allion / Premio was the preferred choice of the permit holders, Axio was brought by people who could not stretch their budgets to them.

There are plenty of Allion/ Premios 2012/2013 sold by permit holders who are upgrading now, prices will be higher though

8 minutes ago, chaa said:

please explain me axio non hybrid 1300 CC & 1500 CC difference.  i am going to buy axio 1300 cc one & let me know the  + & - ? 

1300CC version is seriously NOT recommended. The difference between the two cars (1300CC vs 1500CC) in power is mind-bogging whatever the numbers are. A  diesel Bolero truck can smite the hell out of a 1300CC axio.

Edited by Hyaenidae

If you are using the car only in City, has no intention of going up country with full up.

For you car is a tool to get from A to B and does not derive any pleasure from driving by all means go ahead

Pay Rs. 500-600K less than what you would have paid for the 1.5L, that would be the price you will get at resale.

I'm taking resale as that would be the priority of typical Axio / Premio / Allion buyer

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaa said:

please explain me axio non hybrid 1300 CC & 1500 CC difference.  i am going to buy axio 1300 cc one & let me know the  + & - ? 

Have you found a specimen? How much is the asking price? I think both NSP130 Vitz and Axio161 1.3 has the same engine and obviously under powered for a sedan. Also it doesn't even get a tachometer right?