Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Amazing 007

Toyota axio 161(non hybrid version)

Question

FH5vZBa.jpg

hey guys, I'm new to this forum 🙂

I just want to know about toyota axio non hybrid model 2013 car 

Is it worth for 4.1 million

Any common problems ?

Fuel consumption ?

Any other recommendations for 4 million price

can you guys please help me 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Posted (edited)

Is it worth 4.1 million? - Yes, when compared with other Toyotas it’s better.

Common problems - No any serious problems. But look if the CVT gearbox is maintained properly by changing the fluid on time (40,000km intervals).  If the car has done over 100,000km, some running repairs should be done such as engine mounts, suspension, steering rack and AC compressor. 

Fuel economy - If carefully driven, 11-12 kmpl in traffic,16-17kmpl in long trips and around 20kmpl in highway can be achieved.(There might be 1-2kmpl differences, but trust me, the 161 is a fuel efficient car)

There are some downsides I noticed.

-The interior is a bit of a let down. Cheaply built, but would stand the test of time. Meter panel looks like taken out from a Vitz.

-The engine is a bit unrefined and noisy when stationary, but can’t be heard when driving (This is when compared with cars like Allion and Premio)

-Boring to drive with numb steering, but easier

Overall I find it a bit better for long time usage than the Hybrid variant. Hybrid versions might be in their past breaths of the battery. 

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked.

Any recommendations - There are Allions and Premios for the same price manufactured in 2007-2008 where you would be having an extremely narrow chance of finding a good one. They share the same powertrain, but are noticeably more comfortable and refined. The 161 is a good car for just A-B transportation with good fuel economy and less hassle for maintenance. Then you’ll have the 141 2011-2012 variant which are brand newly imported and most of them have been maintained from Toyo ** Lan**. They are designed for SL road conditions and have normal automatic gearbox (not CVT) so requires less maintenance. I prefer the look of the 141 varian over the 161 due to looks, but that’s my personal taste. Also you’ll get no Smart Key and  Push start in the 141, but the interior is a bit better in the 141. The 2011-2012 version engines are a bit different than the older version, which would be better in terms of fuel economy and performance (1600cc).

There are some other good cars like Mazda Axela 2009-2012 model which is more sporty to drive, but would be a bit harder to sell and harder to maintain if you are far away from a main city like Colombo, Kandy, Matara or Kurunegala. 

 

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

if I was going to buy a 5 year old car, I would stay away from the hybrid system related repairs or replacement headaches. Just look at how many Aquas are now coming in with the "ready-mode" problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, vag2 said:

if I was going to buy a 5 year old car, I would stay away from the hybrid system related repairs or replacement headaches. Just look at how many Aquas are now coming in with the "ready-mode" problem.

It’s the non hybrid version that he wants mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Is it worth 4.1 million? - Yes, when compared with other Toyotas it’s better.

Common problems - No any serious problems. But look if the CVT gearbox is maintained properly by changing the fluid on time (40,000km intervals).  If the car has done over 100,000km, some running repairs should be done such as engine mounts, suspension, steering rack and AC compressor. 

Fuel economy - If carefully driven, 11-12 kmpl in traffic,16-17kmpl in long trips and around 20kmpl in highway can be achieved.(There might be 1-2kmpl differences, but trust me, the 161 is a fuel efficient car)

There are some downsides I noticed.

-The interior is a bit of a let down. Cheaply built, but would stand the test of time. Meter panel looks like taken out from a Vitz.

-The engine is a bit unrefined and noisy when stationary, but can’t be heard when driving (This is when compared with cars like Allion and Premio)

-Boring to drive with numb steering, but easier

Overall I find it a bit better for long time usage than the Hybrid variant. Hybrid versions might be in their past breaths of the battery. 

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked.

Any recommendations - There are Allions and Premios for the same price manufactured in 2007-2008 where you would be having an extremely narrow chance of finding a good one. They share the same powertrain, but are noticeably more comfortable and refined. The 161 is a good car for just A-B transportation with good fuel economy and less hassle for maintenance. Then you’ll have the 141 2011-2012 variant which are brand newly imported and most of them have been maintained from Toyo ** Lan**. They are designed for SL road conditions and have normal automatic gearbox (not CVT) so requires less maintenance. I prefer the look of the 141 varian over the 161 due to looks, but that’s my personal taste. Also you’ll get no Smart Key and  Push start in the 141, but the interior is a bit better in the 141. The 2011-2012 version engines are a bit different than the older version, which would be better in terms of fuel economy and performance (1600cc).

There are some other good cars like Mazda Axela 2009-2012 model which is more sporty to drive, but would be a bit harder to sell and harder to maintain if you are far away from a main city like Colombo, Kandy, Matara or Kurunegala. 

 

ohh mate well explained answer :) many thanks to you

I still don't know how to give reputations like other forums, sorry for that

besides the main topic I would like to ask about the Mazda 3 2014 sedan model i guess its comes with Sky-active engine
Any idea about that ? Fuel consumption and other common things 

thanks again :)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
40 minutes ago, vag2 said:

if I was going to buy a 5 year old car, I would stay away from the hybrid system related repairs or replacement headaches. Just look at how many Aquas are now coming in with the "ready-mode" problem.

no mate, i'm asking about the non hybrid version 

anyway thanks for the reply :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Amazing 007 said:

ohh mate well explained answer :) many thanks to you

I still don't know how to give reputations like other forums, sorry for that

besides the main topic I would like to ask about the Mazda 3 2014 sedan model i guess its comes with Sky-active engine
Any idea about that ? Fuel consumption and other common things 

thanks again :)
 

 

I haven’t driven one yet. Yes, it has the Skyactive engine, which would give you a slight bump of power over the Axio, but 2-3 kmpl less. They are really good cars but the 3 which is the brand new imported version of the Axela gives less options(not even automatic climate control). For sure they are nicer to drive than a Toyota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

I haven’t driven one yet. Yes, it has the Skyactive engine, which would give you a slight bump of power over the Axio, but 2-3 kmpl less. They are really good cars but the 3 which is the brand new imported version of the Axela gives less options(not even automatic climate control). For sure they are nicer to drive than a Toyota.

thanks mate :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Most of the 161 non hybrids are brought down under permits, so they have been properly taken care by the owners. That’s going to be a huge plus point when compared with the 2007 Allions and Premios which have been hacked

In fact Allion / Premio was the preferred choice of the permit holders, Axio was brought by people who could not stretch their budgets to them.

There are plenty of Allion/ Premios 2012/2013 sold by permit holders who are upgrading now, prices will be higher though

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't think 2014 Mazda 3 has the skyactive engine as these were imported by the agents. Only Mazda 6 had the skyactive engine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
32 minutes ago, Quiet said:

I don't think 2014 Mazda 3 has the skyactive engine as these were imported by the agents. Only Mazda 6 had the skyactive engine.

is that so :o any idea about the fuel consumption ? 

thanks mate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Mazda 6 with skyactive did somewhere around 9, so mazda 3 would be around 10 I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×