• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which is a good vehicle for a 3.5 - 4 mil budget?

LCD

@Skyonline I checked the bezza, maybe i'm wrong but it seems like the build quality is not that great in the bezza. Also have heard that it's not that stable on the highway when doing like 90 - 100kmph. One final thing is that i'm not sure whether 1000cc engine makes the car a bit under powered. 

3 hours ago, matroska said:

in the range of 200,000 I guess - agent's might be a little bit more

29 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Yep 250,000 according to an advert on the quick site

And it's not a one-time repair either

If it's is not a one time repair i think it's better to stay away. Thanks for the info guys (Y)

10 minutes ago, LCD said:

After looking at the options i think the best is to collect a bit more money and go for a used 2017 Swift RS.

I have to say I didn't expect you to consider a Swift. Apart from the low ground clearance, I don't see why not - take a look at the underbody before buying. You won't have to break the bank for maintenance too, it's only 2 years old after all.

Edited by Hyaenidae

6 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Nah the issue is with the DCT itself ne.

what i figured was the DCT prematurely failing in the heat and extreme trafficy conditions over here. There are peeps who have avoided getting any issues up-to this point by frequent oil changes etc.. was there an actual recall?

P.S: There seems to have been an actual recall: 

https://paultan.org/2014/02/11/honda-dct-recall/

Edited by matroska
found info on the recall

57 minutes ago, LCD said:

@Skyonline I checked the bezza, maybe i'm wrong but it seems like the build quality is not that great in the bezza. Also have heard that it's not that stable on the highway when doing like 90 - 100kmph. One final thing is that i'm not sure whether 1000cc engine makes the car a bit under powered. 

If it's is not a one time repair i think it's better to stay away. Thanks for the info guys (Y)

7 minutes ago, matroska said:

what i figured was the DCT prematurely failing in the heat and extreme trafficy conditions over here. There are peeps who have avoided getting any issues up-to this point by frequent oil changes etc...unlike the GP1 oil leak issue there was no recall (in Japan) right?

Frequent oil changes don't help with the heat and trafficy conditions. The problem with the DCT is it can't crawl without slipping the clutch, thereby heating it and causing it to deteriorate. Add the ambient temps of our country and traffic conditions to the mix, you get the idea... only viable solution would be to avoid crawling altogether especially when the car is packed and when driving through hilly areas. Easier said than done with the traffic we experience daily and hilly areas are regular occurrences for some. Folks who have avoided issues are the ones who least crawl the car, knowingly or unknowingly.

Edited by Hyaenidae

1 hour ago, LCD said:

Bezza is not so bad for the price you pay. You get a brand new car with agent warranty and it's engine is very similar to the one in Vitz. If you do frequent highway runs or hill climbs then it might not fit for you though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

I have to say I didn't expect you to consider a Swift. Apart from the low ground clearance, I don't see why not - take a look at the underbody before buying. You won't have to break the bank for maintenance too, it's only 2 years old after all.

I was initially considering the swift. But had to keep aside because of the price. Yeah should look at the under body before buying due to the low ground clearance.  "You won't have to break the bank for maintenance too, it's only 2 years old after all" - Yes another plus point for the swift. 

@Skyonline Already checked the review on Bezza. But thanks (Y)

40 minutes ago, hrm said:

Bezza is not so bad for the price you pay. You get a brand new car with agent warranty and it's engine is very similar to the one in Vitz. If you do frequent highway runs or hill climbs then it might not fit for you though.

Agreed. Pulling a sedan with an engine similar to vitz seems like it's under powered. But will do a test drive and check (Y) 

Edited by LCD

3 hours ago, hrm said:

Bezza is not so bad for the price you pay.

The Bezza build quality isn't too bad  I was a passenger in one - the rear looks are not everyone's cup of tea. But for day to day city runs it's an OK car.

3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

causing it to deteriorate

I agree that  the frequent services alone cannot prevent the deterioration/ wear and tear caused by 'extreme driving conditions'  ...sadly the DCT setup that makes the GP5 engaging to drive proves to be it's downfall too.