• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion 260 Pro's & Con's

Jbreak

Question

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since i last posted here. So I'm planning to sell my Toyota Aqua which was with me since 2011. Was wondering what options i have with my next purchase and Toyota Allion 260 (2012 upwards) is something that struck my mind. Since i'm used with the hybrid petrol consumption has always been a plus with Toyota Aqua and i should say it's a pretty trouble free car. Now that i have come across the battery issue, I'm planning to fix a battery and sell that car. What do you guys think of 260? Or would like to welcome your suggestions with another choice. My budget will be approx 5M.Cheers!

Edited by Jbreak

6 answers to this question

Well...it is the same thing we have been saying in regards to the car in every other thread. 

The Allion/Premio is a good A to B car with modest creature comforts. There is nothing wrong with the car per say...however

1. It is a 12 year old platform..there are other cars with more modern tech that is much more engaging to drive

2. - 101 : Almost all the Allions/Premios out there were owned and used by miserly people who only cared about following the herd and getting "ela browny" points from the neighbors. SO they were not properly maintained. Mileages turned and quick shine up jobs done for a quick sale at ridiculous prices. So finding a good one ill be hard.

Do you need a sedan ? Also look in to Mazdas and Mitsubishis as well. People will say the whole "market naha" story....but these cars are more reasonably priced and if taken care of will be easy to sell off. 

Search the forum for other threads on the model for its pros and cons

It's a decent, no-nonsense car if you find a properly taken cared one. As a car it has little bit of everything but doesn't excel on any. Since it has been here for a long time it's pretty easy to maintain as well but finding a genuine car is a real problem. For a start look for first owner permit imported ones from genuine owners which has agent maintenance history. For this vintage you should be more concerned about maintenance and overall condition of the car other than the options/grade.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, iRage said:

Well...it is the same thing we have been saying in regards to the car in every other thread. 

The Allion/Premio is a good A to B car with modest creature comforts. There is nothing wrong with the car per say...however

1. It is a 12 year old platform..there are other cars with more modern tech that is much more engaging to drive

2. - 101 : Almost all the Allions/Premios out there were owned and used by miserly people who only cared about following the herd and getting "ela browny" points from the neighbors. SO they were not properly maintained. Mileages turned and quick shine up jobs done for a quick sale at ridiculous prices. So finding a good one ill be hard.

Do you need a sedan ? Also look in to Mazdas and Mitsubishis as well. People will say the whole "market naha" story....but these cars are more reasonably priced and if taken care of will be easy to sell off. 

Search the forum for other threads on the model for its pros and cons

Thanks a lot for the reply iRage!

On 10/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, hrm said:

It's a decent, no-nonsense car if you find a properly taken cared one. As a car it has little bit of everything but doesn't excel on any. Since it has been here for a long time it's pretty easy to maintain as well but finding a genuine car is a real problem. For a start look for first owner permit imported ones from genuine owners which has agent maintenance history. For this vintage you should be more concerned about maintenance and overall condition of the car other than the options/grade.

Thanks HRM