• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 5008 2019 Vs Montero 2013-2014

sfernando

You still didn't buy the Montero is it? 

Again you are comparing 2 very different vehicles, very different in character

Matter of taste and budget, 

The Peugeot is a fancy town oriented SUV, agent support is not yet commendable 

Reliability in our country is questionable, yet to see 

But looks cool and fancy, it's the trend, 

Trends don't always go well, ie vezel,  micro suvs

No idea how much 

Montero is a old school, nut and bolt type suv

Reliable, tested, parts ample, can run it even 400000km and expect very few issues, 

Will hold 80% value at minimum 

Anyone can fix em

Dont go behind others recommendations, go see both cars, see what you can afford, not just to buy, to insure and run as well

Fyi a colleague got a 3008 about 4 months ago, hes burnt a led headlight, importer refused to replace, so currently negotiating with some party to get one down on his account, but he ain't complaining, personally its appalling to see such a costly car losing a heavily engineered led in such a short time.

Running around in one light and having a ball with cops as well,

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2

I would personally stay away from the 3008. The car is still new, so we cannot guess how it would held up against SL weather. Also the Peugeots are famous for not-being-reliable. But design wise Peugeot wins.

Montero would be the safest bet, because the 2013-2014 models have been here since 2006 with being subjected to minor changes. Another fact is that it is built to last. I personally don’t like the interior designs and materials used(too plasticy and the interior is not plush when compared with something like a prado). But I would held up well against a lot of abuse for a long time. The engines and gearboxes have been here for decades so maintaining one in any place around SL would not be a problem.

• Like 1

I view the new peugeots the same way as every european vehicle (except the classics) : lease them or buy them & use for around 3 years with warranty and then sell away/trade in as soon as possible. 

Get a montero for peace of mind. But honestly, the new i-cockpit interiors in peugeots are just a dream to be in!

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I view the new peugeots the same way as every european vehicle (except the classics) : lease them or buy them & use for around 3 years with warranty and then sell away/trade in as soon as possible. 

Get a montero for peace of mind. But honestly, the new i-cockpit interiors in peugeots are just a dream to be in!

My dad and I have used one for 92000 odd km now, only changed the brake pads, mirror covers and one 4wd output shaft seal, that’s it, oh wait and a heap of taillight bulbs. 

• Confused 1

can someone clarify me on the fact that the Peugeot 3008 is assembled in china and imported to SL. in that case the french authenticity would be in jeopardy.

And secondly i think that a 5 year old montero is still better than a brand new 5008. Montero is the last series of hardcore off-roaders currently in production, much like the land cruiser J71 (box prado) and J150(prado) and Y61 Nissan patrol. the model has only had cosmetic changes since 1999. It is a sort of pump fuel and drive to the sunset type of vehicle, which is a rare breed these days. you are only bound to regular service replacement parts and some slight niggles but overall a fully mechanical sort of vehicle with least possible electronics.

On the other hand when did Peugeot perform well in this country after the famous 504 summit car, and the reputable 406. the 407 was shoddy and the design was ostentatious, if that was not enough the its depreciation will definitely cause depression to the owners. However Peugeot of late has addressed the design issues starting with 508 and the new cars look fascinating inside out, specially the 3008 looking aggressive compared to the muddalali's hideous CH-R.

On top of that even once reliable cars like mercedes benz is struggling to cope to this country demographics and climates so what can be expected off from a peugeot is no question. But a brand new model will hold up well atleast for two years but then resale is going to be an issue.

And lastly why aren't the agents committed towards the new peugeot suv range.

• Thanks 1

What is your purpose. Are you planning to use the SUV for hardcore off-roading ? or just to have nice, comfortable 7 seater soft suv to carry your family and enjoy the comfort and the drive.

If you are planning to use it for off road activities, Montero sport will do the work, but if you want to have a brand new, comfortable, high-tech soft SUV, then 5008 will do the work.

If you don't mind the resale value and if you are not in to off roading, just go for 5008, who knows we live to re-sell the vehicle, so you can enjoy the brand new, luxury (compared to Montero sport) and high tech ride. This my view

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sfernando said:

U mean Montero or Peuguet? 

Montero, never owned a newer gen Peugeot, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:02 AM, alpha17 said:

I would personally stay away from the 3008. The car is still new, so we cannot guess how it would held up against SL weather. Also the Peugeots are famous for not-being-reliable. But design wise Peugeot wins.

Montero would be the safest bet, because the 2013-2014 models have been here since 2006 with being subjected to minor changes. Another fact is that it is built to last. I personally don’t like the interior designs and materials used(too plasticy and the interior is not plush when compared with something like a prado). But I would held up well against a lot of abuse for a long time. The engines and gearboxes have been here for decades so maintaining one in any place around SL would not be a problem.

Just for a thought 2006 Monty Vs 2013 which one would you recommend to buy when considering an update from vezzel rs 2016.

Both are better than a vezel lol, no comparison there, 

What you need to understand is you are comparing a flagship full size suv ( in asian markets) from a renowned maker with various entry level SUVs or hatchbacks. Whatever the yom, 

Being the vezel it is somewhat inferior than the competition as well.

Edited by tiv

Depends on your budget, of course 2013 will be better and newer 

Being 2006 expect a higher mileage and a set of running repairs based on the previous user(s)

2 hours ago, sfernando said:

In your view which one is better 2013 or 2006.

There is not much of a difference between those years except for some minor exterior changes and a few extra options. By now, 2006 model has faced to the depreciation, and you’ll lose the least amount of money when selling. But have around 500,000 for doing the running repairs and replacements such as tire changes etc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 6:53 AM, tiv said:

Both are better than a vezel lol, no comparison there, 

What you need to understand is you are comparing a flagship full size suv from a renowned maker with various entry level SUVs or hatchbacks. Whatever the yom

Does Montero require super diesel or can pump normal?  

For the common rail models, super diesel is a prerequisite due to the sulphuric content, 

but there are vehicles in govt institutions running on normal diesel, it’s up to you, whether to pay for the diesel or a fuel pump and injector set

one certainty  is that to maintain the performance, super diesel plays a role, 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, top tip said:

can someone clarify me on the fact that the Peugeot 3008 is assembled in china and imported to SL. in that case the french authenticity would be in jeopardy.

No, they are made in France. You can check using VIN (chassis number). The first three digits of the VIN indicate manufacturer and country of manufacturing. The VINs of 3008s imported by Car Mart starts with "VF3", which indicates

1. Manufacturer is Peugeot

2. Country of manufacturing is France.

I have seen that VINs of 3008s found in Japanese auctions are also starts with VF3, that means they are also France. However Japanese version are not imported to SL since there are no 1.2 turbos. 

In Sri Lanka, all the gray imports of 3008s are from UK. I haven't seen VINs of them. But they also must be from France. (Peugeot will never give a Chinese made one to UK domestic market).

• 3 years later...
On 11/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, transcend said:

I was considering the same like a month ago, to sell the 5008 (bought on 2019) and buy a Montero 2013~, but after heavy thoughts decided to keep the 5008 and buy a old Japanese car as a second vehicle. 

So you bought the 5008 brand new? Keep it.

Most Montero’s are driven by imbeciles. Bad maintenance done and not in good shape.

Plus the maintenance cost is very similar. Super Diesel cost is the same as super petrol, so no savings there either.

Also the montero is very basic. I mean very. Compared to the Pug, it’s a dinosaur.

Maintain and drive the 5008 for few more years and upgrade to a new suv then.

Only reason to sell and buy a montero is if you do heavy off-roading. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Also the montero is very basic. I mean very. Compared to the Pug, it’s a dinosaur.

Yes..it is a dinosaur.  The fourth generation V80/V90 series (i.e. the current/last gen) is based on the 3rd gen V60/70 series. It just has very minor updates to the brakes and suspension and that is it. So even though you will be buying a 2013 Pajero...it is actually a 1999 car in new clothing. One can argue that even the Land Cruiser models are ions old, but at least when Toyota changes the models (even after 17 years, there is a significant upgrade...with the exception of the 70 series of course, but then one buys the 70 series because one wants the old fashioned tech).

So yes..Pug is light years ahead than a 2013 Pajero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1