• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is the different between published value and the CIF(Rs)

Osal T

Question

I want to buy a vehicle. While I was searching general details on normal market value of the  vehicles I followed the http://www.cupidlogistics.com/petrol1000cctag.html 

To calculate the general value what is the correct way of using these details for each vehicle.

CIF(Rs)+Custom Duty or

Published Value+ Custom Duty or

Any other way?

I am confused on it.

2 answers to this question

Sorry I have not gone through your link...but generally it should be

CIF value + Customs Duty + Clearance charges + Other applicable taxes (sometimes you get additional taxes such as luxury taxes). 

Customs Duty is actually a composition of several different taxes and some taxes such as Luxury tax does not get included in this.

The published value...well I have no idea what published value is...you generally get FoB value of a car (which is pretty much the purchase price of a car in a country without any freight and insurance of the freight), and then in SL the customs department has a list of valuations for vehicles which is pretty much the showroom floor price of a vehicle in the vehicle's home country. So there are several values of a car; when calculating duty and other taxes it is always the higher value that gets used. So even if you get a car for 110yen, you still will get charged for customs duty that runs in the millions.