• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car for a Budget of 3 Million LKR

dhanushkahw

Hi All

I have a 3 million lkr budget . I am looking for a car to buy but do not like hatch back cars except vitz. I am hoping to buy within a month  but still confused what to buy. Please give me some suggestions with you all's experience

Thanks

Edited by Davy
Edited topic title. Added more search tags.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:42 AM, dhanushkahw said:

but do not like hatch back cars except vitz

You've sort of answered the question yourself -  for 3M you can get a KSP130 vitz (2011 onwards) looks better than the previous generation. Basic A-B car ...lacks pick up but as long as you don't haul 4-5 people on hills all the time it won't be a problem. 

Non hatch cars at that price range are about a decade old - the newest sedan you can get sub 3 Mil would be a Lancer CS3 (~2012 YOM) great value for money if a sedan is your preference. Other options would be the usual suspects : Yaris/Belta ,  Corolla 141, Nissan Tiida, Mazda 3/Axela etc. 

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, matroska said:

You've sort of answered the question yourself -  for 3M you can get a KSP130 vitz (2011 onwards) looks better than the previous generation. Basic A-B car ...lacks pick up but as long as you don't haul 4-5 people on hills all the time it won't be a problem. 

Non hatch cars at that price range are about a decade old - the newest sedan you can get sub 3 Mil would be a Lancer CS3 (~2012 YOM) great value for money if a sedan is your preference. Other options would be the usual suspects : Yaris/Belta ,  Corolla 141, Nissan Tiida, Mazda 3/Axela etc. 

Thank you very much for this very descriptive reply ??. Can you please help me with this too. 
If I am going to buy one from Vitz 2011 or Yaris 2008/9 or Mazda 3 -2007/8 what will be the best one to buy , please help 

Thanks

Edited by dhanushkahw

8 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

Thank you very much for this very descriptive reply ??. Can you please help me with this too. 
If I am going to buy one from Vitz 2011 or Yaris 2008/9 or Mazda 3 -2007/8 what will be the best one to buy , please help 

Thanks

Glad to help. It depends on your requirement. If your main purpose of the car is daily office travel within city suburbs and weekend shopping etc  then a Hatch like a Vitz will be ok. If you travel long distance and regularly go on 100+km drives and want a sedan you'll appreciate the bigger car + more powerful engine. ( The Vitz does struggle a bit on hills with a full load at times)

Between Mazda and Yaris - the Mazda has more wow factor and more fun to drive and have more pickup etc. Yaris is very basic but an Ok car. 

Edited by matroska

20 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

Posted this looking if there are any other options in thé market. But it seems the only option is Vitz ?

There are many other choices, but the safest bet might be the Vitz. Most of the toyotas, such as Allion 240, Corolla 121 are beaten to death by now. So you’ll be having a hard time searching for a good one. There are nicer to drive cars such as the Civic ES5, Mazda Axela. Most of these cars have been owned by people who really enjoy driving, so you’ll be able to find a good one. But it’ll be a little bit problematic if you are away from a main city, such as Colombo, Kandy or Kurunegala, as parts are a bit harder to find. When we talk about reselling, yes, people say Hondas and Mazdas are harder to sell than a Toyota, but depends on the condition of the car and your luck.

11 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Civic ES5,

So far so good ES5's are still safe but bit by but they're falling into hands of 'ricers' ...early they totally r##ed EG8's, now they're completely destroying the EK3's...next these peasants will focus on the ES5's ... the only true 'safe to buy' Civics are the FD series and above. 

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:33 AM, matroska said:

Glad to help. It depends on your requirement. If your main purpose of the car is daily office travel within city suburbs and weekend shopping etc  then a Hatch like a Vitz will be ok. If you travel long distance and regularly go on 100+km drives and want a sedan you'll appreciate the bigger car + more powerful engine. ( The Vitz does struggle a bit on hills with a full load at times)

Between Mazda and Yaris - the Mazda has more wow factor and more fun to drive and have more pickup etc. Yaris is very basic but an Ok car. 

Thanks for the reply  ??

On 9/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, alpha17 said:

There are many other choices, but the safest bet might be the Vitz. Most of the toyotas, such as Allion 240, Corolla 121 are beaten to death by now. So you’ll be having a hard time searching for a good one. There are nicer to drive cars such as the Civic ES5, Mazda Axela. Most of these cars have been owned by people who really enjoy driving, so you’ll be able to find a good one. But it’ll be a little bit problematic if you are away from a main city, such as Colombo, Kandy or Kurunegala, as parts are a bit harder to find. When we talk about reselling, yes, people say Hondas and Mazdas are harder to sell than a Toyota, but depends on the condition of the car and your luck.

Thanks bro I am thinking ?

13 hours ago, matroska said:

So far so good ES5's are still safe but bit by but they're falling into hands of 'ricers' ...early they totally r##ed EG8's, now they're completely destroying the EK3's...next these peasants will focus on the ES5's ... the only true 'safe to buy' Civics are the FD series and above. 

Noted And thanks bro ?

SECOND THREAD STARTS HERE

Hi Guys . This is my 2 nd post. From the first  post I got some good initiative what should I buy within my budget.I am not a guy with lot knowledge about cars. So now I narrowed down to following cars that I would like to buy.

1. Honda Fit GP 1 2013/2014- most preferred ?

2. Mazda 3 2006/2007 - Alternatives

3. Toyota Yaris 2007- Alternatives

4. Toyota Vitz 2011- Least preferred 

Guys please comment. My favorite within budget is Honda Fit GP 1.  With you all’s experience please help me out am I Decided correctly. What would you prefer from the above 

Thanks

Edited by Davy
Added post title

Well, check if the particular GP1 you're going to buy falls under the recall notice for the famous oil burning issue -  if it doesn't and the overall condition and maintenance history looks good, go for it.

Here's the official recall notice with affected VIN ranges:

https://www.honda.co.jp/recall/auto/other/170120.html

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well, check if the particular GP1 you're going to buy falls under the recall notice for the famous oil burning issue -  if it doesn't and the overall condition and maintenance history looks good, go for it.

Here's the official recall notice with affected VIN ranges:

https://www.honda.co.jp/recall/auto/other/170120.html

Please let me know How can I identify thé model . Most of the sales advertisings are mentioned as GP 1 only. as per thé link thé model is DAA GP 1. How Can I identify it ?

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

Honda Fit GP 1 2013/2014-

There's no Honda Fit GP1 made in 2014.  The last GP1 came out in 2013. I've used a GP1 for 3 years and i still have fond memories of it - very versatile car ideally suited for city driving, but pretty handy outstations too. Lot less complicated than the Vezels and GP5's. 

The problem with the car is the engine oil burn issue - well documented in this forum. Most people have now got their issues sorted out. 

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

Please let me know How can I identify thé model .

Ask the seller to provide you the chassis no. /check the chassis number yourself/ have a look at the CR.  Now Assume your chassis no is  GP1-1200012  now check the link above for the affected number ranges. 

GP1-1200012 falls between GP1-1200002 and GP1-1242186 so that car is in the affected car range.  Hope you get it now.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:28 PM, matroska said:

There's no Honda Fit GP1 made in 2014.  The last GP1 came out in 2013. I've used a GP1 for 3 years and i still have fond memories of it - very versatile car ideally suited for city driving, but pretty handy outstations too. Lot less complicated than the Vezels and GP5's. 

The problem with the car is the engine oil burn issue - well documented in this forum. Most people have now got their issues sorted out. 

Ask the seller to provide you the chassis no. /check the chassis number yourself/ have a look at the CR.  Now Assume your chassis no is  GP1-1200012  now check the link above for the affected number ranges. 

GP1-1200012 falls between GP1-1200002 and GP1-1242186 so that car is in the affected car range.  Hope you get it now.

Thanks 

THIRD Thread - How to Select the Best GP 1 in the Market

Hi Guys So I am finally decided to go with Honda Fit GP 1 So need help to how to purchase the best available. So Identified following available

Cars Available from Man. Yr 2011-2013

Milage availbele from around 60000 km to 110000 km

Is there any premium versions , Limited versions available ? What are the differences

Please Help Guys 

I am not going to comment about the versions....if you do a simple google search you can see the basic grades that the manufacturer released the car with.

Do not trust mileage readings...mileage tampering is a common practice here..so short of seeing and verifying service records from the agent or a top tier repair/service center and the eco test reports....everything else can be forged (yes...I have seen people get fake receipts and records stamped on logs at random service stations).

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 5:28 PM, dhanushkahw said:

THIRD Thread - How to Select the Best GP 1 in the Market

Hi Guys So I am finally decided to go with Honda Fit GP 1 So need help to how to purchase the best available. So Identified following available

Cars Available from Man. Yr 2011-2013

Milage availbele from around 60000 km to 110000 km

Is there any premium versions , Limited versions available ? What are the differences

Please Help Guys 

Honda Fit GP1 is very good car to own and very trouble free Hybrid Car (may be it is mild Hybrid). Compare to other cars in this price range most of hatchbacks like Vitz, Passo, IST, WagonR, Swift, Mira, Alto including Hybrids and Petrol cars GP1 is way ahead in regard options, Comfortable, Driving Pleasure, even it way ahead with most popular Toyota Aqua.

I owned GP1 one and half year now and it never give any single trouble for me. The price is GP1 is low presently and worth the every bit of money comparing above mentioned car prices (Some are very older than GP1 and still has very high price)

If you refer Japanese website for recall it clearly mentioned the manufacture date range as follows.

GP1-1200002 to GP1-1242186

May 10, 2012-August 2, 2013

When searching to buy a GP1 i  found lots of cars 2012/2013 manufactured and falls withing recall range and all cars in 2011 out of range. So i went for 2011 minding safe side and regardless newest manufacture year. So try to avoid recall range (Except current owner repaired the oil burning issue and produce evidence of repair)

When searching to buy a GP1 i  found various trim levels and versions in GP1s  (Basic model with less options like key starts, 10th Anniversary Model, Navi Premium Model, Fine Style Model, Anniversary and Navi Premium with Original Mugen Body Kits. etc.

Navi Premium Model is the Highest grade GP1 and it has lots of extra options like 7 Speed Paddle Shift, Dual Multi function Steering Wheel, Intelligent Smart Key, CoolBox, Climate Control AC

, Cruise control

, Traction control

, Alloy wheels

, Fog Lamps

, Seat Heaters,Auto Head Lights

, Retractable winker Mirrors Original Honda navi premium Audio System with Reverse camera, DVD Bluetooth & Navigation.
Windscreen & Side mirror heaters etc.

Currently most of GP1s falls in same price range regardless above extra options. So try to find highest option out of recall range GP1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1