• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero Sport 2012

ziyard_9834

Question

Hi,

I am looking for reconditioned parts for a Montero Sport (2012) (Thailand). I need the following:

1. Headlights (L/S and R/S)

2. Bonnet

3. L/S Fender

4. Nose cut Panel

5. Front Bumper / Buffer with Shell

6. Radiator

7. A/C Condensor

8. Fan and Clutch

9. Air bags (both sides)

10. Windscreen

11. Front Re-inforcement bar

12. Front lower chassis panel

13. Front Underguard Metal

14. Engine Mount

15. Fog Lights

16. Front Shock Absorbers

I am looking for good reconditioned parts at a good price.

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 answers to this question

3 hours ago, RWD said:

ummm..are you sure you just don't need a new vehicle?

It's not a small car, massive lump of metal, a moderate collision on the front end would take out the above parts, doesn't make it a write off, no spoken frame chassis damage either, and being sri lanka people go to the extent of replacing , rebuilding chassis to save their investment, so this is nothing, 

The above can be done with a sign board or a moderately sized dog, 4 foot tree branch given the right speed.

9 hours ago, trinity said:

Mahinda only does JDM body parts AFIK.

Good point. The Montero Sport was available in Japan as Mitsubishi Challenger though. The front end has subtle differences from the one we get locally. 

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Are L200 2012 parts compatible with the Montero Sport 2012? L200 is being sold in Japan right?

Body parts that OP needs are different from the L200. They share the same chassis design though, so most chassis parts are compatible. 

12 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Are L200 2012 parts compatible with the Montero Sport 2012? L200 is being sold in Japan right?

not all parts, some bits, many minor variations, 

the engine that came in the montero sport is 4d56U, the power figures and bits are different from the sportero

there are many variations in the egr, egr cooler, turbo, and intake design in various L200 models, 

the UK L200s that came in have different specs, except the raging bull, which has the same engine code as a montero sport, same egr  BUT

the turbo is different, transmission is different, and intercooler is smaller due to an oil cooler which the montero doesn't have 

windshield, bonnet / hood / engine mounts, most 4d56 engine etc same, front supports are different, shock absorbers are different,

overall l200 fenders, rad, intercooler, ac condenser, bumper and grill are different, engine mounts also different based on the engine,

L200 had a smaller intercooler and ac condenser, montero sport is dual ac hence a larger ac con, and a larger intercooler

front supports frame and front chassis bits are the same, rear chassis parts are different, montero sport is shorter and on coil springs,

as I recall everything was made in Thailand

Edited by tiv

10 hours ago, Davy said:

Good point. The Montero Sport was available in Japan as Mitsubishi Challenger though. The front end has subtle differences from the one we get locally. 

Body parts that OP needs are different from the L200. They share the same chassis design though, so most chassis parts are compatible. 

I don't think the 2012 model was sold in Japan, was made in thailand for emerging asian markets and Australia 

17 hours ago, Davy said:

The Challenger (or the same vehicle in any other name) was not sold in Japan since 2003. Thus, only the K90 series Pajero Sport/Challenger was sold in Japan. The mode went on to be produced for the export markets till 2008 when the 2nd Gen was introduced.

16 hours ago, tiv said:

I don't think the 2012 model was sold in Japan, was made in thailand for emerging asian markets and Australia 

9 hours ago, iRage said:

The Challenger (or the same vehicle in any other name) was not sold in Japan since 2003. Thus, only the K90 series Pajero Sport/Challenger was sold in Japan. The mode went on to be produced for the export markets till 2008 when the 2nd Gen was introduced.

I see. I stand corrected.