• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Cars

shehan1111

Question

7 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, shehan1111 said:

Hi all,

what is your ide about Honda Civic EX ? some of my friends(who are using this car) told me there are so many issues from the sensor and all? any idea about that?

There are no cars without sensors and with age they give trouble.

Hondas will have more sensors than Maruti Alto which will have more sensors than a Morris Minor. A BMW or a Merc might have more sensors than a Honda

If you want a vehicle without sensors you are looking at a bicycle.

Sensors will have issues as the vehicle age, issue most of the time our Maka Bass will not identify the issue hence will either change the ECU or worse.

If you are worried do not buy, get a Toyota even if a sensor or two fails you can blame your Karma

51 minutes ago, kush said:

There are no cars without sensors and with age they give trouble.

Hondas will have more sensors than Maruti Alto which will have more sensors than a Morris Minor. A BMW or a Merc might have more sensors than a Honda

If you want a vehicle without sensors you are looking at a bicycle.

Sensors will have issues as the vehicle age, issue most of the time our Maka Bass will not identify the issue hence will either change the ECU or worse.

If you are worried do not buy, get a Toyota even if a sensor or two fails you can blame your Karma

????

what about the car condition? do you have any experience from that car?

2 hours ago, shehan1111 said:

Hi all,

what is your ide about Honda Civic EX ? some of my friends(who are using this car) told me there are so many issues from the sensor and all? any idea about that?

Since you say 'EX' I suspect you might be referring to the 2017 onwards 10th Generation Civic - I have been using one for an year - I (and others who drive the same car) have not had any serious issues regarding sensors. What your friends might be on about is 

1. Sometimes the proximity sensor can go a little bananas in heavy rain. It will beep when some vehicle is near you and even if it is now distant will keep on beeping for a bit disable the sensor and re-enable it in a while and its ok.This does not happen all the time it rains - I drive the car daily and so far may have happend 4-5 times and at all times heavy rain was present. 

2. The Security sensor in my car went off 3-4 times when there are flies stuck inside (you close the door with flies inside the car thinks there's a pet or a person stuck inside the car and you unknowingly locked it and tries to tell you there's someone inside) 

None of the above can be termed as issues though. Mild annoyances and can always be avoided by disabling them in the settings if you don't like them. Other than that I've not seen any 'sensor' issues mentioned in any forums so far. Please find out from your friend what the issues are and let us know. 

You can read the dedicated thread on this model as well as my blog on the same in this forum. 

Edited by matroska

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, matroska said:

2. The Security sensor in my car went off 3-4 times when there are flies stuck inside (you close the door with flies inside the car thinks there's a pet or a person stuck inside the car and you unknowingly locked it and tries to tell you there's someone inside) 

On this note my office has one of those electronic garages for parking complete with the lift and conveyer belt which moves the car into slots. Quite a few times the alarm goes off because the car thinks someone is trying to steal it when the conveyer platform starts moving! Have to say this is the only car which behaves this way and there are some very high end Euros at my office that don't have this issue!
Not a big deal though. I don't bother locking it while its inside.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, matroska said:

Sometimes the proximity sensor can go a little bananas in heavy rain. It will beep when some vehicle is near you and even if it is now distant will keep on beeping for a bit disable the sensor and re-enable it in a while and its ok.This does not happen all the time it rains - I drive the car daily and so far may have happend 4-5 times and at all times heavy rain was present. 

Is it the same sensor that is always going off? I had the same issue with my car (not a Civic though) and for some strange reason I first noticed in heavy rain. When I examined it I found out that the car sale guys had fixed the number plate slightly off alignment that it was too close to one of the sensors. Centering the number plate fixed the issue for me.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 4:15 AM, ramishkad said:

Is it the same sensor that is always going off? I had the same issue with my car (not a Civic though) and for some strange reason I first noticed in heavy rain. When I examined it I found out that the car sale guys had fixed the number plate slightly off alignment that it was too close to one of the sensors. Centering the number plate fixed the issue for me.

Now that you mention it - it is. Good point need to have a look at this.