• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What are the pros and cons of buying a Peugeot 406 AT model 20 Year aged?

navindra80

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Timeless elegance in design,

Yes, and the end of an era. A couple of years after heralded the beginning of the production of the ugliest cars to ever come out of France.

I had a bsecond hand GI  plated one in Manual. What a great car to drive with such an aggressive design. Loved it. Even though it’s French. *shudder*

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, Hyaenidae said:

This is a surprisingly good thread from that forum - I've always avoided elakiri due to the typical mindset of most users - folk without a smidgen of creativity and a strain of original thought. who cannot see beyond abused corolla's and sunny's. 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

I am aware of 4. 3 are with collectors. They dont plan to sell them. The blue one is hacked beyond resurrection. It keeps changing hands quite often.

Would u believe that this one was in p*chi car niwasa sometime ago? Who would keep a collectable Euro in that place for sale?

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, matroska said:

This is a surprisingly good thread from that forum - I've always avoided elakiri due to the typical mindset of most users - folk without a smidgen of creativity and a strain of original thought. who cannot see beyond abused corolla's and sunny's. 

Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

@navindra80

Bro, I went through the same dilemma about buying a Pug couple years back right out of the uni. I went on and checked many Pugs advertised but could not find one which fulfills my desires (I was looking for a manual). So eventually I gave up. 

There is a very active Facebook group named "Peugeot 406 owners club Sri Lanka" or something like that. Suggest searching in fb and joining. I learned a lot from that group and the people there also helped me to search for a car. You will also meet some good enthusiasts who maintains their 406s very well. If you can grab one of them, now thats golden! 

About the car, 

I love it. Even though I own a new civic now, still I check on 406s when they are passing by. Its a fun car to drive with excellent handling and ok fuel efficiency too. The only worry which you may face would be the repair & maintenance as your usual maka baas may not be able to handle it.

Its a shame those cars have reduced market value in Sri Lanka. If you are looking for a European car with reliability, comfort, excellent handling which will give you the feeling of driving an old BMW, 406 is the only one which will come under 2 mil category. Good luck. :)  

Edited by Klord

Good choice compared to overpriced tin cans. But stay away from the AT as AL4 gearbox is inherited with a factory defect in valve body. Upgrading electro valves along with a firmware upgrade on the gearbox ECU can prevent this but too late for most of the cars running around. So best is stay away from AT.

If you can source a good executive or 2.0 car with YOM 2002 or above (known as COM 2000 model) you would enjoy your ride. Make sure to get it checked properly by a professional and service records. Generally these cars are rust proof unless gone through metal fabrication as a result of an accident. Good luck with your search. 

• 8 months later...