• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

car wax

dtrum

No..they are NOT the same....

Meguair's hands down is better.....think of doing the actual clean-up though...color correction and surface cleaning and then the wax. I would also recommend you look at solutions from AutoGlym or the Chemical Guys. Remember..it is not always about just wax and wax does not have to be the usual paste Lankans are used to and sometimes a coating is as or even more effective than a standard wax.

You can get the meguiars quik wax from daraz online flagship store,there's a discount going on.Most of the products priced same as 3M.Get their wash and wax product too or 3m wash.Beccause harsh soaps can strip off the wax layer after 2 3 washes.

13 hours ago, iRage said:

No..they are NOT the same....

Meguair's hands down is better.....think of doing the actual clean-up though...color correction and surface cleaning and then the wax. I would also recommend you look at solutions from AutoGlym or the Chemical Guys. Remember..it is not always about just wax and wax does not have to be the usual paste Lankans are used to and sometimes a coating is as or even more effective than a standard wax.

both r running by same management right?

3m own the meguiar?

do you know anyplace to buy chemical guys or autoglym ? what are the usual price range ?

12 hours ago, GayanR said:

You can get the meguiars quik wax from daraz online flagship store,there's a discount going on.Most of the products priced same as 3M.Get their wash and wax product too or 3m wash.Beccause harsh soaps can strip off the wax layer after 2 3 washes.

bro problem of spray wax those are less durable,if i can go for meguiar liquid one thats perfect but its more than rs7000 ,thats why i thought about 3m also both are synthetic wax, 

11 minutes ago, dtrum said:

bro problem of spray wax those are less durable,if i can go for meguiar liquid one thats perfect but its more than rs7000 ,thats why i thought about 3m also both are synthetic wax, 

Meguiars is far superior product.But 3m is good too.Spray wax last around a month and it only takes like 10 min to apply.If you don't wash the car frequently then go with the liquid wax.It's upto you can't go wrong with either.I would say meguiars spray wax is far better than the 3m one specially on a black car.

• Like 1

Might be under same management but the products are miles apart. Yes....Meguairs stuff (and other brands like AutoGLym) is expensive..but they last longer. For example...I got a Meguairs Ultimate Wax in about 2015...waxed the mark X..then brought it to Vietnam and waxed a Fortuner a few and about 1/8th of the can is still there. It is now sitting there because I switched to AutoGlym and Soft99 FUsso MirrorShine. The AutoGlym bottle after polishing the Fortuner once about 3/4 os the bottle is still left. I use the Meguairs Ultimate Wash and Wax to wash...and a large bottle lasts for me a year (and a bit more) and I wash the car every two weeks or so....

So yes...the initial purchase is expensive..but they last....because the cleaning and coating is a lot better..and you do not need to use a lot of the product if you use the proper wash, cleaner and wax/coating.

Spray waxes are not durable....you need to do a proper wax/coating and the spray should only be used as a touch up every once in a while after a wash...

• Like 2

I've been using 3M Quick Wax (the spray on version) for more than 5 years and its pretty good( Meguiars and AutoGlym are superior products to 3M as I know). 

What I do with my current vehicle is that I have the 3M paste wax professionally applied once every three months (from Echo Zone Colombo), and then apply the Quick wax myself every two or so weeks after washing the car. 

As @iRagementioned above the spray wax wears off quickly (i.e 2 weeks). It's more of a filler to complement the professional wax job.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Might be under same management but the products are miles apart. Yes....Meguairs stuff (and other brands like AutoGLym) is expensive..but they last longer. For example...I got a Meguairs Ultimate Wax in about 2015...waxed the mark X..then brought it to Vietnam and waxed a Fortuner a few and about 1/8th of the can is still there. It is now sitting there because I switched to AutoGlym and Soft99 FUsso MirrorShine. The AutoGlym bottle after polishing the Fortuner once about 3/4 os the bottle is still left. I use the Meguairs Ultimate Wash and Wax to wash...and a large bottle lasts for me a year (and a bit more) and I wash the car every two weeks or so....

So yes...the initial purchase is expensive..but they last....because the cleaning and coating is a lot better..and you do not need to use a lot of the product if you use the proper wash, cleaner and wax/coating.

Spray waxes are not durable....you need to do a proper wax/coating and the spray should only be used as a touch up every once in a while after a wash...

where we can buy Soft99 FUsso MirrorShine ?

is it good ? how much?

5 hours ago, ramishkad said:

I've been using 3M Quick Wax (the spray on version) for more than 5 years and its pretty good( Meguiars and AutoGlym are superior products to 3M as I know). 

What I do with my current vehicle is that I have the 3M paste wax professionally applied once every three months (from Echo Zone Colombo), and then apply the Quick wax myself every two or so weeks after washing the car. 

As @iRagementioned above the spray wax wears off quickly (i.e 2 weeks). It's more of a filler to complement the professional wax job.

do you know any place to buy 3m wax ? is that 3m wax made in usa or india ?

how about durability?

1 hour ago, dtrum said:

where we can buy Soft99 FUsso MirrorShine ?

is it good ? how much?

Oh..sorry..I live in Japan and Vietnam most of the time...so I buy it Japan.

A few of my friends like @Octanehead were looking for MirrorShine but found other equally good Soft99 products in SL....so if you look around at specialty shops you will find them...same with AutoGlym and Chemical Guys products...you will have to go to the somewhat premier detailing shops to buy them.

This was taken on 2nd June after putting MirrorShine....the car did not get a polish before except for a few spots that had weird marks

image.png.ef3ea30b845e4e27edc65238609fdf98.png

This was taken on 3rd August...after a wash and not wiped down. During June 2 and August 3rd...the car was parked in a dusty underground parking lot for 2 weeks and then driven in the rain for nearly one month where the roads were muddy (and full of cement dust) and flooded. I was able to wash the car between these two months only like 2 times before....and even then they were just quick washes. I have not used any spray on waxes on the car either after these washes...

image.thumb.png.b6960c63d732af1bad8c4379e6ebfaec.png

As you can see the buttery wet shine is still there even after hard usage. The reflection on the second one seems off because of the light and the car was not properly wiped down (also because I was taking a pic without glasses and images tend to get blurry at those times :D )

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

I can vouch for meguires ultimate quick wax. My weekly ritual is using meguires gold class car wash on my ride and once every month or two I use UQW to boost the shine. Does a great job of keeping the paint looking good and water breading. Once a year and I do a proper detailing and this routine is more than enough to keep the car in top shape. 

Below shot is after applying UQW this weekend. Not the best of shots because the weather was pretty gloomy outside. 

IMG_20190913_174423.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtrum said:

do you know any place to buy 3m wax ? is that 3m wax made in usa or india ?

how about durability?

I meant these products:

q2Abw4Vr.jpg

According to the label "Made in USA with globally sourced materials".

I've seen these in supermarkets i.e Arpico Supercenter but only on some outlets. Or you can easily get them from any 3M authorized applicator. I personally get it these days from Echo Zone. As I remember they had AutoGlym products as well but I've never tried.

Durability is as I mentioned earlier. Paste wax lasts a couple of months but you have to use the quick wax once every two weeks or so to complement it.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Oh..sorry..I live in Japan and Vietnam most of the time...so I buy it Japan.

A few of my friends like @Octanehead were looking for MirrorShine but found other equally good Soft99 products in SL....so if you look around at specialty shops you will find them...same with AutoGlym and Chemical Guys products...you will have to go to the somewhat premier detailing shops to buy them.

This was taken on 2nd June after putting MirrorShine....the car did not get a polish before except for a few spots that had weird marks

image.png.ef3ea30b845e4e27edc65238609fdf98.png

This was taken on 3rd August...after a wash and not wiped down. During June 2 and August 3rd...the car was parked in a dusty underground parking lot for 2 weeks and then driven in the rain for nearly one month where the roads were muddy (and full of cement dust) and flooded. I was able to wash the car between these two months only like 2 times before....and even then they were just quick washes. I have not used any spray on waxes on the car either after these washes...

image.thumb.png.b6960c63d732af1bad8c4379e6ebfaec.png

As you can see the buttery wet shine is still there even after hard usage. The reflection on the second one seems off because of the light and the car was not properly wiped down (also because I was taking a pic without glasses and images tend to get blurry at those times :D )

its looks great ?,according to your knowledge between AutoGlym and soft 99 which one is better ? how to find genuine or fake products?

27 minutes ago, dtrum said:

its looks great ?,according to your knowledge between AutoGlym and soft 99 which one is better ? how to find genuine or fake products?

I have tried Soft99 and it’s properly good. They have many different models, what I bought was a premium one. It was expensive but worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtrum said:

I used to use AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine (UDS) as the cleaner and AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection (EGP) as a protective coating. Now I use Ultra Deep Shine as the cleaner (because so far I don't see any Soft99 or other products in japan that does anything better than UDS). For the coating I use Fusso MirrorShine (which again is going out of production and replaced by something else apparently). EGP in the past lasted only about 4 months on average before I I lost the protective properties (film and the beading and smooth touch it results in). MirrorShine says it will last 6 - 9 months with a light touch up recommended at the 6th month time....so far the MirrorShine film has lasted a lot longer than the EGP film. Interestingly it does not bead like EGP did but when washed it still has that deep buttery look and the soft touch to it.

The following photo was taken on the 3rd of August soon after washing and before wiping and drying....see..the bead looks crappy...but after wiping it is like in Pic 2.

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Eagle one superior nanowax spray. Promises 6 months of protection on the container, I do a quick wax once or twice every month, no complaints whatsoever, the price is very reasonable at 1k a pop. The car hasn't been polished even once yet.

TSomxuY.jpg

2j250bc.jpg

I'm also using the Eagle 1. That's a very trouble free and easy to use product. 

Damn that Red color, I so badly wanted a car in this color but couldn't find a one. You lucky bastard!!! 

OT, looks like you dont have the remote trunk lid opening option. Being a GLS its I thought it came as standard. 

3 hours ago, trinity said:

I'm also using the Eagle 1. That's a very trouble free and easy to use product. 

Damn that Red color, I so badly wanted a car in this color but couldn't find a one. You lucky bastard!!! 

OT, looks like you dont have the remote trunk lid opening option. Being a GLS its I thought it came as standard. 

Is it true that UNIMO has stopped bringing down Eagle 1 products?

*blush*

I remember sending you a PM about the standard options ?