• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vacuum leak

kaushalya laknath tissera

Question

5 answers to this question

Pretty much any good garage should be able to check this for you.

According to the symptoms you've described, the vacuum leak is either on the vacuum line connecting the brake booster and the intake manifold, or in the brake booster itself. 

You can check the brake booster yourself by following the steps listed in the post below:

You can also follow the vacuum line between the booster and intake manifold to make sure there are no cracks or pinholes, and to make sure the hose is tightly secured at both ends.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kaushalya laknath tissera said:

Thanks Buddy, the gentlemen I was Talking about is Rumesh88. He is a very Knowledgeable person!! 

He is. Has helped quite a few of my friends too although I've not met him personally (yet). A valuable member of the forum as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ajm said:

what about the non-return valve at the servo, in my case replacing it solved the problem.

You're right. From memory, the EP82 has an in-line check valve instead of one built into the booster. So should be easily replaceable if proven faulty.

Getting the valve tested should be easy. Most mechanics blow from both ends to see if air flows only in one direction. ? The proper way is to hook up a pressure gauge and apply mild pressure onto the opposite side. Then flip the valve and repeat. Pressure should hold in one direction while it shouldn't in the other direction. 

If the valve is good, then the booster needs to be checked as it could be leaking which explains why the RPM drops when the brake is depressed. 

Edited by Davy