• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

derickreaper

Honda civic ek dashboard single Din to double Din conversion

Dear Members, 

I'm not sure if the forum is still active but I'm just wondering if anyone know or have experience in converting an EK3 dashboard from a single Din to double Din.. Appreciate if someone can help me out... 

208480439_8216b317-ef0d-4303-9a10-f072d2f2d935_2048_0.jpg

Vi-RS+Dashboard+Set+%286%29.JPG

Edited by derickreaper

Nah man the forum is dead 😛

Anyway,  I don't have any personal experience but from what I have read the usual procedure is to source a double-DIN facia and replace the single DIN facia with it

Eg :

I guess this facia matches the EK3 but note that the controls are inverted since they have LHD cars in US. If there is a JDM version which came with DDIN from the factory you'll have to  take the DDIN facia off from one of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-CIVIC-DOUBLE-DIN-CLIMATE-CONTROL-EK-RADIO-BEZEL-OEM-EK-EJ8-SI-EM1-CRACK/143376099953?epid=10027071953&hash=item2161e1aa71:g:KCQAAOSwy75dc1au

On 9/8/2019 at 8:06 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Nah man the forum is dead 😛

Anyway,  I don't have any personal experience but from what I have read the usual procedure is to source a double-DIN facia and replace the single DIN facia with it

Eg :

I guess this facia matches the EK3 but note that the controls are inverted since they have LHD cars in US. If there is a JDM version which came with DDIN from the factory you'll have to  take the DDIN facia off from one of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-CIVIC-DOUBLE-DIN-CLIMATE-CONTROL-EK-RADIO-BEZEL-OEM-EK-EJ8-SI-EM1-CRACK/143376099953?epid=10027071953&hash=item2161e1aa71:g:KCQAAOSwy75dc1au

Thanks Brother