Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028:Ā We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving!Ā 

Sign in to follow this  
alpha17

CVT delayed and harsh engagement to R

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

You'll get used to it :)

Ā 

hope so buddyšŸ˜€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few days ago, I changed the CVT Fluid using the genuine products. Previous fluid was in pristine condition since itā€™s only about 18,000km after the change. But the problem is still there, without any difference.

Can someone enlighten meĀ what would be the issue, and a good place around Kandy or Kurunegala to get it fixed.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alpha17 said:

Few days ago, I changed the CVT Fluid using the genuine products. Previous fluid was in pristine condition since itā€™s only about 18,000km after the change. But the problem is still there, without any difference.

Can someone enlighten meĀ what would be the issue, and a good place around Kandy or Kurunegala to get it fixed.

thanks

I'd just ignore it at this point šŸ™„ I mean, you've already changed 4 engine mounts and replaced CVTF prematurely trying to get rid of this issue neh. How much you're going to spend with no improvementĀ to show for it?

If the agentĀ couldn't solve the issue, you'll have toĀ take herĀ to a transmission specialistĀ like Nilwala Motors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Few days ago, I changed the CVT Fluid using the genuine products. Previous fluid was in pristine condition since itā€™s only about 18,000km after the change. But the problem is still there, without any difference.

Can someone enlighten meĀ what would be the issue, and a good place around Kandy or Kurunegala to get it fixed.

thanks

Have you done the calibration afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile in other news there is a 2007 Axio Luxel 141 for sale, registered in 2015... šŸ˜±

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, hrm said:

Have you done the calibration afterwards?

Calibration?! This is the first time I heard that word regarding CVT..Please give me more details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 9:04 AM, Hyaenidae said:

I'd just ignore it at this point šŸ™„ I mean, you've already changed 4 engine mounts and replaced CVTF prematurely trying to get rid of this issue neh. How much you're going to spend with no improvementĀ to show for it?

If the agentĀ couldn't solve the issue, you'll have toĀ take herĀ to a transmission specialistĀ like Nilwala Motors...

Yes, I should take her to some gearbox expert...When I changed the mounts, all of them were worn out, so it was a requirement at that time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Calibration?! This is the first time I heard that word regarding CVT..Please give me more details

When you replace CVT oil, transmission control unit needs to learn the new values. Else transmission become jerky. In TL they do the calibration with a scanner. Maybe normal OBD scanners can also do it. Not sure though.

Check this thread.

Ā 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hrm said:

When you replace CVT oil, transmission control unit needs to learn the new values. Else transmission become jerky. In TL they do the calibration with a scanner.

Ā 

@alpha17Ā Ā gotĀ the CVTF change doneĀ from Katugasthota TL right? I don't think they would overlook the calibration (but it doesn't hurt to double check anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

@alpha17Ā Ā gotĀ the CVTF change doneĀ from Katugasthota TL right? I don't think they would overlook the calibration (but it doesn't hurt to double check anyway)

Yes. In that case they might have done it already since it's a routine thing they do after a CVTF change. I thought he got it done from somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×