• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ramesh7227

Yes I have experienced both but currently using Ford ranger, its goog fule mileage is fine but consumes more fuel when i use it for towing purpose, I have used this for blocked driveway towing NYC, it consumed around 20% more fuel compared to normal drive, the parts are avail at amazon and eBay which parts do you need?

Edited by allen231

On 8/31/2019 at 1:03 PM, Ramesh7227 said:

Hi mate 

does anyone have a experienced regarding ford eco sport and ranger versions. Please add your valuable comments here. I need fuel , maintain and parts. 

Advanced thanks. 

Ramesh

Not cheap to maintain mate, expect 50k per standard lube service with / without running parts, 

parts about 40%  more to jap parts

these are large cars so fuel economy isn’t your friend either, I have a friend who works for the agent, in Sri Lanka everything is costly, 

he said it’s like maintaining a newer merc, in terms of costs, but definitely reliable. 

vague answer I know for a vague question, also if you are referring to 2019 models, lovely cars though

8 minutes ago, tiv said:

Not cheap to maintain mate, expect 50k per standard lube service with / without running parts, 

parts about 40%  more to jap parts

these are large cars so fuel economy isn’t your friend either, I have a friend who works for the agent, in Sri Lanka everything is costly, 

he said it’s like maintaining a newer merc, in terms of costs, but definitely reliable. 

vague answer I know for a vague question, also if you are referring to 2019 models, lovely cars though

Errr...

I beg to differ with some of the stuff. I owned a Focus since 2011. Ecosport is actually made in India so I would expect things to be a bit cheaper with Ecosport.

• Standard service at the agent costs 22k with fully synthetic oil. You can do it outside of the agent for less than 10k. Service interval is 6 months or 8000km so I service the car twice a year
  • VIC oil filters fit in to Ford Focus. I'm pretty sure they have the same stuff for Ecosport
  • Most small parts can be imported off eBay for cheaper than what you would spend for a Japanese car, even after you spend on tax. 
  • The Focus has been reliable so far. It has few minor niggles like a bonnet lock that always keeps breaking (£ 20 on ebay.co.uk), but all in all its alright

I know next to nothing about Ranger though. Note that Ranger and Ecosport are two different vehicles belonging to different categories.