• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

amsandun

Alloy Wheels (JDM vs. Other After Market Brands)

@amsandun they look good!

Simple and nice - matches the style of the car 👍

Happy to have been able to be of assistance :)

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@amsandun they look good!

Simple and nice - matches the style of the car 👍

Happy to have been able to be of assistance :)

thanks bro.

• Like 1

@amsandun yes you should

Where are you based?

U&H on Malay Street has a Hunter Road-force balancer but their staff can be careless/reckless when jacking the car up so you've got to personally ensure that they only use the jacking points and then put it on stands.

Pitstop used to be good but they switched from CORGHI to some rubbish (Indian??) machine some years back - if they've got a proper machine back the old crew were quite good.

Most recent place i tried was Sanka Wheel in Pepiliyana - decent

3 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@amsandun yes you should

Where are you based? 

U&H on Malay Street has a Hunter Road-force balancer but their staff can be careless/reckless when jacking the car up so you've got to personally ensure that they only use the jacking points and then put it on stands.

Pitstop used to be good but they switched from CORGHI to some rubbish (Indian??) machine some years back - if they've got a proper machine back the old crew were quite good.

Most recent place i tried was Sanka Wheel in Pepiliyana - decent

I am based in Kandy but employment is based in Fort area. U&H is like 10 min drive for me. I have never heard of Pitstop though.

Apart from the staff at UH, how is their quality of work?

Yes...you should check the telemetry of your wheels after a tire/wheel swap and even after suspension repairs like changing shocks or springs/leaves, etc....

I was going to say PitStop but apparently they've changed.

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, amsandun said:

I am based in Kandy but employment is based in Fort area. U&H is like 10 min drive for me. I have never heard of Pitstop though.

The guys who actually did the work at U&H (the balancing & the alignment technician) were both fine - it's just the blokes who remove the wheels are notoriously reckless

Pitstop is A*W owned (Al Futtaim group) - located off Baseline Road near Borella Kanatta

2 hours ago, amsandun said:

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes...you should check the telemetry of your wheels after a tire/wheel swap (and even a suspension change).

thanks iRage. Is suspension change really necessary? I would love to upgrade the ride but I'm afraid it has to wait with all other family matters around. :D

25 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

The guys who actually did the work at U&H (the balancing & the alignment technician) were both fine - it's just the blokes who remove the wheels are notoriously reckless

Hmm. since they got a good machine and very close to where I am, I am thinking about going to them this time. Let's hope for the best and I will stay cautious about the matters you mentioned. I called and inquired. They sounded professional and said it can be completed within an hour.   

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

thanks iRage. Is suspension change really necessary? I would love to upgrade the ride but I'm afraid it has to wait with all other family matters around. :D

No no no ! What I mean is you should check the telemetry of the wheels even if you do any changes in the suspension (like change shocks etc...

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

No no no ! What I mean is you should check the telemetry of the wheels even if you do any changes in the suspension (like change shocks etc...

Oh now only I grasped what you meant.. 😅 I got it all wrong before.