• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best option for duty concession permit

Vajira Wijayasena

Question

Hi to everyone,

I went through the similar topics but was unable to find  a good view regarding current situation.

I am a permit holder and earlier thought of a importing a premio as my budget was around 5.5 M.

But now premio costs 6.2M even for the permit. So think it's not worth buying it spending such a amount.

Another option is sell the permit and go for a used car in SL as my budget expands to 5.5+2.4=7.6M

Please share your ideas and any suggestions.

Best regards!

6 answers to this question

Corolla Sport / CHR (if rear seats are not priority)

Qashqai / Eclips Cross (Brand new with agent support)

Toyota Rush/ Mitsubishi Expander (lot of room nothing else)

Axio Hybrid/ Toyota Yaris Active

If you sell the permit @ Rs. 7.6 Mn your options will be endless in the used market

8 hours ago, v#j#ra Wijayasena said:

Hi to everyone,

I went through the similar topics but was unable to find  a good view regarding current situation.

I am a permit holder and earlier thought of a importing a premio as my budget was around 5.5 M.

But now premio costs 6.2M even for the permit. So think it's not worth buying it spending such a amount.

Another option is sell the permit and go for a used car in SL as my budget expands to 5.5+2.4=7.6M

Please share your ideas and any suggestions.

Best regards!

Civic 1.0T UK version is around 7.3M price. Both hatch and Sedan available. Cheaper to sell permit as tax for this is only about 2m.

Mazda 3 is 1850000JPY + 500000LKR + tax (approx tax is 1950000 for permit) from agent

Edited by abiman

6 hours ago, kush said:

Corolla Sport / CHR (if rear seats are not priority)

Qashqai / Eclips Cross (Brand new with agent support)

Toyota Rush/ Mitsubishi Expander (lot of room nothing else)

Axio Hybrid/ Toyota Yaris Active

If you sell the permit @ Rs. 7.6 Mn your options will be endless in the used market

Sorry but the Rush and Expander are ratehr sub-par vehicles and are budget/entry level offerings. I doubt the prices of these things in SL make them worth it considering the level of refinement you get from these vehicles.

Toyota Axio..the current model is not on sale by Toyota Japan anymore...only the business model is available. They offered some attractive offers on the normal variant and apparently most of them are sold off now. You still get them at the auction, but if you are looking for "virtually" new ones...then those are running out pretty fast. You can wait till September and get a new Corolla sedan (replacement for the Axio, ALlion and Premio). The model is already on sale in Japan although no one has seen the car and has a 4 month waiting list. However, most of these pre-ordered ones will be up for sale at auction, etc...although the price will be higher than at the Toyota Dealership

Yaris Ativ...again, if you are going for an entry level vehicle it is pretty nice but does not have the refinement of the Grace or the Mazda 2..although it is pretty close....in the same sense you might want to consider the Grace petrol variant as well....

Actually got a Corolla Sport down about a month back. Interior is far better than the Allion and miles from Axio

Refinement is better than both, ride is firmer (which I prefer) due to less suspension travel and 18" 40 series tires. Does not feel like a Jap more like Euro.

Only gripe is rear leg and boot space in par with the class below (Vitz)

Saloon may have a different setup may be more inclined for comfort and will definitely have more rear leg space and boot space as the wheel base is about 4" more.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, kush said:

Actually got a Corolla Sport down about a month back. Interior is far better than the Allion and miles from Axio

Refinement is better than both, ride is firmer (which I prefer) due to less suspension travel and 18" 40 series tires. Does not feel like a Jap more like Euro.

Only gripe is rear leg and boot space in par with the class below (Vitz)

Saloon may have a different setup may be more inclined for comfort and will definitely have more rear leg space and boot space as the wheel base is about 4" more.

Hi Kush,

Thank you for your reply.

I also considered about the corolla sport car.But only what we can get down here is 1.2L version no?

So according to the fuel economy figures on toyota own site is 15.4km/l and will become around 10 in our set up.

please correct me if I am wrong. What is your experience?

8 hours ago, v#j#ra Wijayasena said:

Hi Kush,

Thank you for your reply.

I also considered about the corolla sport car.But only what we can get down here is 1.2L version no?

So according to the fuel economy figures on toyota own site is 15.4km/l and will become around 10 in our set up.

please correct me if I am wrong. What is your experience?

Does about 10 kmpl in the city, 17-18kmpl on highway, 12kmpl (urban). You will not get anything better unless hybrid or Kei car.

1.2L you only pay Rs. 265K duty above your permit, so all your hard earned money go to the car.

• Like 1