• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Information about L200

dilankadz

Question

So we are going to buy the first family vehicle the choices were between

1. navara aventura

2. Mitsubishi L200 2008 animal

most of the guys i asked about these options told me that navara is a troublesome one and now im going to buy the L200  2008 animal edition which i found in ###### i attached a picture here

how is the L200 ? is it worth for 4Mil

Fuel consumption and other need to knows and what to check when buying

(forgive me if this topic is not relevant complete noob when it comes to vehicle)

l200.PNG

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, dilankadz said:

So we are going to buy the first family vehicle the choices were between

1. navara aventura

2. Mitsubishi L200 2008 animal

most of the guys i asked about these options told me that navara is a troublesome one and now im going to buy the L200  2008 animal edition which i found in ###### i attached a picture here

how is the L200 ? is it worth for 4Mil

Fuel consumption and other need to knows and what to check when buying

(forgive me if this topic is not relevant complete noob when it comes to vehicle)

l200.PNG

1. Stay away from uk imported navaras as chassis corrosion is a big issue, also they have many faults.

2. 4 mil is a good price for an L200 of this era, 

3. Fuel consumption is like 8kmpl to 10kmpl, any better is a lie

4. Check for corrosion, roof line around the windshield, rear tub, chassis,

Check for agent maintenance history, 

Note mileage is in miles so do the conversion, miles are not a problem if they are well taken care of, we have one with 254000miles! Engine not opened, stock turbo

Check for fault codes, check engine lights, 

Better do an agent inspection or car checks inspection

They need super diesel, or new injectors you decide. 

Try to get a raging bull edition as that is more equipped and has a bit more performance, 

Check if 4wd is working, do a test drive, suspension is not noisy under normal circumstances, it's very nippy in terms of acceleration, so anything that feels slow or has turbo lag is a problem 

Look around the turbo for oil seepage, if so need turbo overhaul or replacement.

Blow by and oil sputtering from the dipstick pipe is normal for these engines. 

Black smoke during revving is normal,  but if its blue smoke, expect an overhaul. 

Expect bumps scrapes dents that's normal for a pickup.

I can only recommended the above places, dont cut corners on the inspection as if they mess up, it's you who will penalised on the long term if the car causes problems,

UK L200 and the locally imported sportero have a multitude of differences 

thanks a lot . by the way went to see the L200 Diamond 2008 and price was 4.5 mil which is more than our budget. so my dad set his mind on buying a navara despite all the things said about the vehicle and found one for 3.5mil and he saying even if theres 5lak repair its worth. can some recommend a nissan service center near homagama to nugegoda area. 

14 minutes ago, dilankadz said:

thanks a lot . by the way went to see the L200 Diamond 2008 and price was 4.5 mil which is more than our budget. so my dad set his mind on buying a navara despite all the things said about the vehicle and found one for 3.5mil and he saying even if theres 5lak repair its worth. can some recommend a nissan service center near homagama to nugegoda area. 

The 3 main uk pickups 

Navara, L200, Hilux came 4.6 mil to 6 mil range, 

Hiluxes have appreciated in value, L200 maintaining figures, 

Navaras have plummeted, 

Speaks a lot, not a wise decision

Even A*W has had issues fixing navaras, esp rotting chassis, injector pump related complaints, so beware.

• Like 1

Even 3.5mil seems too much for a navara these days. Forget rust and paint, injectors and pump repair will cost above 5lak easily. Navaras are known for their fuel system issues.

And from driving one before, they do not feel solid on a rough road. Even my 23 year old Hilux feels better on rough terrain. 

well im on a sea saw. i convince dad with thye help of this forum to buy a hilux vigo 2010 since we dont have enough money to buyt a double cab.

valued at 3.8mil. only drawback i can see is the leg space in backseat. and thinking about changing the back seat. 

if you guys can tell me what to check on the hilux vigo 2010

1 hour ago, dilankadz said:

well im on a sea saw. i convince dad with thye help of this forum to buy a hilux vigo 2010 since we dont have enough money to buyt a double cab.

valued at 3.8mil. only drawback i can see is the leg space in backseat. and thinking about changing the back seat. 

if you guys can tell me what to check on the hilux vigo 2010

There is very little to criticise about that generation of Hilux, if its 2010 it's the 5L engine, no big issues, most likely a toyota lanka import it will be manual, very robust, just try to find something less than 150000km and check the tub for corrosion, that's it.