• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

nissan presea long cranking when hot start

Cee Jay

Question

I have nissan presea R11,it starts perfectly in the morning.After I leave it running for a while, it takes about 5 seconds to crank before starting. Once started it runs fine.But if I leave it off for say 8-9 hours, it starts fine again.

One last thing, if I stop the car and start right up within 3-4 minutes, it starts right up without any issues.

16 answers to this question

During a cold start, does your idle RPM raise to around 2000 and gradually settle down to normal as the engine warms up? Also, is your idle RPM when warm stable at around 650 - 750? 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Could be due to low fuel pressure. To determine if this is the cause, get a mechanic to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail and have you start the car while the car is showing the symptoms. If you have low fuel pressure, it could be due to a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter or faulty furl pressure regulator. 

How many kilometres ago did you last do a fuel system clean-up (i.e tune up)?

• Like 1

Check crank angle sensor (attached to the engine block at the bottom) and cam angle sensor (attached to the engine head at the top) if possible.

Quite easy to swap from another car to test (if you have access to a car with a similar engine). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cee Jay said:

@PerfMad if you can please share me the location on whatsapp. 0779153971

This is the place
https://www.google.lk/maps/@6.9671699,79.9079507,3a,75y,328.9h,79.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snUOb0Ax5Kcu42UxHRP8k3Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

his contact no - 072 214 2143 (if you are going better go in the morning and stay there and get it sorted, otherwise it will take ages to get ur car as he is a busy person)

• Like 1

Hi. I had the same issue with my FB 14. This one is common for Nissan I guess. It was due to  a fault in Injectors. I got it repaired from Ravi in Kelaniya as @PerfMad mentioned. He just replaced injectors and I used the vehicle without any issue until it was sold in 2014. My only opinion is if your planning to visit Ravi, make sure to be there at least by 7 am and be prepared to spend the entire day?. He will find all spare parts by his own. So no hassles in that. He is a nice guy. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cheths727 said:

Hi. I had the same issue with my FB 14. This one is common for Nissan I guess. It was due to  a fault in Injectors. I got it repaired from Ravi in Kelaniya as @PerfMad mentioned. He just replaced injectors and I used the vehicle without any issue until it was sold in 2014. My only opinion is if your planning to visit Ravi, make sure to be there at least by 7 am and be prepared to spend the entire day?. He will find all spare parts by his own. So no hassles in that. He is a nice guy. 

true that. Make sure you take all ur meals packed :D if possible take a portable chair as well 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PerfMad said:

im suspecting the crank position sensor as well. If you pay a visit to Ravi (kelaniya) he should have plenty of parts to swap and verify.

Usually I go at around 6pm and then I get the car at around 4am :D 7am is too warm to stay the whole day, so I take a pack of ciggies with me and spend the night there when there is less crowd, less noisy and less warm :D and sometimes I take few beers also, and a friend who lives closeby (who is also a customer of Ravi), and we do beers and chat till morning :D 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PerfMad said:

im suspecting the crank position sensor as well. If you pay a visit to Ravi (kelaniya) he should have plenty of parts to swap and verify.

Check if the tank is vacuuming when you have the starting prob,..

• Like 1