• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The best sedan car between 1 million and 1.8 million

Pamudu

Question

Hi guys! I’m a newbie to this thing. I really need help. What would be the best saloon or sedan car to buy between 1 million to 1.8 million. I would be rather considering the fuel consumption too and better tell me about the maintenance costs too

4 answers to this question

At that price, you are looking at a car that is 20 years old. No one can tell you the maintenance cost of these cars. Maintenance cost is not equal to the price of spare parts. Its the number of repairs that you need to carry out in a car, labour costs and parts costs.

If you buy a Corolla 100 or a 110, you may find cheap spares, but the chances are that the number of repairs may be high because most of them are hacked. Although Corollas in general do well in fuel, if the engine is worn out, fuel consumption will be pretty high.

No one can actually tell you the maintenance cost or the fuel economy of an old car, because the actual condition of the car is what determines these two factors.

Generally, I would suggest the following for someone who is looking for a car within this range. The BEST car is the most diligently maintained car.

1. Mazda Familia BJ5

2. Ford Laser BJ5

3. Lancer CK - series

4. Proton Wira

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@Crosswind thoughts on common choices like a Carina or Nissan Sunny?
Or perhaps less obvious like a Bluebird or Primera P11?

The problem with common cars like 110 and Sunny, are the fact that most of them are hacked to death, brought back to life and hacked again. 20 years ago, these would have been the obvious choices.

Of course, if OP can find a 110 or an FB15 in good condition, he should go for it by all means. The interesting part about less common options like the BJ5 is the fact that most of them are owned by people who do not penny-pinch. Hence, they may be in better shape than a contemporary 110 or an FB15. Note that this is not a sweeping generalization.

Bluebirds and P11s would be good choices too, but OPs primary concern is fuel. If I had a budget of 1.8 mill or so and if I find a P11 or a Bluebird in good condition, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:51 PM, Crosswind said:

The problem with common cars like 110 and Sunny, are the fact that most of them are hacked to death, brought back to life and hacked again. 20 years ago, these would have been the obvious choices.

Of course, if OP can find a 110 or an FB15 in good condition, he should go for it by all means. The interesting part about less common options like the BJ5 is the fact that most of them are owned by people who do not penny-pinch. Hence, they may be in better shape than a contemporary 110 or an FB15. Note that this is not a sweeping generalization.

Bluebirds and P11s would be good choices too, but OPs primary concern is fuel. If I had a budget of 1.8 mill or so and if I find a P11 or a Bluebird in good condition, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. 

I recall seeing a very low mileage manual SU14 SSS in the classifieds