• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Purchasing a new car.

Kgdilanka

Hi. I am looking for an upgrade from my Mazda Carol 2004 and looking for a vehicle around 2.5M to 3M.

With that budget, i am highly concerned about fuel consumption, maintaining cost. Hence, currently i have only below options. (Registered)

1. New japan alto - some people say the second hand market will be very low.

2. Daihatsu mira - lack of spareparts

3. Wagon r - expensive maintenance cost, lack of spareparts

So guys i am looking for some ideas, suggestions for a better option. (Including positive and negative sides of above options and, any other models i can go for.)

Thank you.

How about a turbocharged full option kei Van such as the Suzuki Every Join, Daihatsu Atrai, Nissan Clipper Join etc. More space, More versatile and easy to maintain.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kgdilanka said:

Hi. I am looking for an upgrade from my Mazda Carol 2004 and looking for a vehicle around 2.5M to 3M.

With that budget, i am highly concerned about fuel consumption, maintaining cost. Hence, currently i have only below options. (Registered)

1. New japan alto - some people say the second hand market will be very low.

2. Daihatsu mira - lack of spareparts

3. Wagon r - expensive maintenance cost, lack of spareparts

So guys i am looking for some ideas, suggestions for a better option. (Including positive and negative sides of above options and, any other models i can go for.)

Thank you.

Stretch your budget a bit more and get a Vitz, safest option provided u get a good one. 

1. Alto - better options for that budget, poorly equipped and small, unless u get the rs

2. Daihatsu Mira is not that bad, they don’t break that often for you to go looking for parts this early, 

3. Wagon R - quite true 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kgdilanka said:

Problem is those vehicles are not Japanese right?

Some of the modern Korean cars are better in quality compared to similar Japanese cars. For example, Kia is the only manufacturer to give a 7-year warranty in Europe and Australia. Not even Toyota gives that. However, our people's mindset won't change.

Mira will not have a lack of spare parts problem unless you're planning to rebuild one. Just check the spare part section of the quick site and you'll find plenty. out of the ones you mentioned, wagon r will be the most refined in terms of interior quality, vibration, and fit & finish. but the market and reliability of the mild hybrid system of wagon r is a controversial debate. if I were you and I had ONLY those three options I would go with the Mira. You also have options such as Perodua Axia (slightly used one may be as the BN exceeds 3mil.), Vitz, Demio and moving to bigger vehicles you could consider BN imported Lancer (cs1/cs3) which are now on sale in the second market. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Some of the modern Korean cars are better in quality compared to similar Japanese cars. For example, Kia is the only manufacturer to give a 7-year warranty in Europe and Australia. Not even Toyota gives that. However, our people's mindset won't change.

Yeah thats true.. there are lots of other brands in sri lanka though they are disregard by own mindset.