• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Our new car! Thanks alot guys!!

AVANTE

So I finally got the time to do a proper write up about our new car which we bought happily & with confidence thanks to the valuable members in Autolanka as we avoided around 20 crapboxes along the way thanks to the advice you guys offered! (I promise that's not an advertisement lol)

It is a 2008 Indian model, so no use in comparing with a jap model but this one gets better fuel economy (around 14 or 15kmpl outstation) & the manual version doesn't ruin the resale value like a japanese vehicle because it's the only transmission available, so YAY! It has a 1.3L 85hp engine with 5-speed stick along with a new battery & clutch! The ZXi is a bit uncommon compared to the base VXi thats seen around here. So the ZXi has ABS, multifunction steering wheel, standard alloy wheels, keyless trunk access, Seatbelt adjuster, climate control with LCD screen and the ZXi badge which adds 5hp & 2Nm.

Overall a pretty basic car but very fun to drive! Gearbox is smooth & precise, steering feel is good & it's nice to take on corners with this thing! (comparing to the wagonR, Vezel, Yaris & other cars with vague-feeling electronic steering setups that I have driven before), body roll is minimal & engine is very smooth and quiet too! We hit 120kmh while going through Kumbukwewa and it was really stable. Only wish for this car is that it had a better sound like the ZC31S sport version! 

Only gripe for now is to change the old standard radio unit to something like a pioneer setup & the S badge on the steering wheel has lost its color and is as yellow as my grandpa's teeth. Should I cover it up with a silver vinyl or paint it?

20190813_133214.jpg

20190727_144305.jpg

2019-07-27 13.09.22.jpg

IMG-20190802-WA0006.jpeg

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Like 6

Congrats !

Now it is time for the AL members to start corrupting you :)

So..sound eh ? Better start saving money for a custom exhaust system from WEPR :D That would make her sound quite nice and also change the air box :) She will breathe a lot better...

Later on we can talk about suspension :P 

• Haha 1

Congratulations and happy motoring! 

While I like to corrupt you with suggestions for exhaust mods, keep in mind that the traffic police has recently gone paranoid with regard to exhaust mods in particular. But you should be fine as long as you don't install a fart cannon causing the car to sound excessively loud.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Davy said:

While I like to corrupt you with suggestions for exhaust mods, keep in mind that the traffic police has recently gone paranoid with regard to exhaust mods in particular. But you should be fine as long as you don't install a fart cannon causing the car to sound excessively loud.

That is why I said something from WEPR...they are as quiet as a stock until you rev it up. Even most JASMA certified exhausts would be the same..just that most JASMA certified exhausts on the market look a bit too obvious :D

I DID NOT SUGGEST YOU FIT A CAN OF BEETS (AKA Barrel of farts)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, iRage said:

That is why I said something from WEPR...they are as quiet as a stock until you rev it up. Even most JASMA certified exhausts would be the same..just that most JASMA certified exhausts on the market look a bit too obvious :D

I DID NOT SUGGEST YOU FIT A CAN OF BEETS (AKA Barrel of farts)

lol Didn't say you did mate. I just warned OP in case he was anticipating on fixing a random exhaust that made it sound "better".

I've seen a Swift like this in the country (may have been a Japanese one, but should be a direct fit to the Indian one as well) with a Swift Sport bodykit (may have been just the rear bumper to accommodate the exhaust) + alloys + twin tip exhaust. Sounded pretty nice. It was a black one with KN plates if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Davy said:

lol Didn't say you did mate. I just warned OP in case he was anticipating on fixing a random exhaust that made it sound "better".

I've seen a Swift like this in the country (may have been a Japanese one, but should be a direct fit to the Indian one as well) with a Swift Sport bodykit (may have been just the rear bumper to accommodate the exhaust) + alloys + twin tip exhaust. Sounded pretty nice. It was a black one with KN plates if I remember correctly.

LOL...I know you didn't....I just realized that some people might think I was :D 

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Congrats !

Now it is time for the AL members to start corrupting you :)

So..sound eh ? Better start saving money for a custom exhaust system from WEPR :D That would make her sound quite nice and also change the air box :) She will breathe a lot better...

Later on we can talk about suspension :P 

Thr airbox is the only mod I want to do for now but that would require a ECU remap/tune right? Also can I get a used WEPR or Jasma muffler/Catback anywhere here (maybe nugegoda or panchikawatte?)

Edited by □AVANTE□

6 hours ago, Davy said:

Thanks for the warning, not just for exhaust but for all mods too! 2 of my friends, one with a hornet 250 w/ mildy loud WRS exhausts & another with a Hilux 107 w/guardrails had problems with the cops too!

2 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Thr airbox is the only mod I want to do for now but that would require a ECU remap/tune right?

Well..not really....you can change the airbox which would show some modest improvements (which to be honest is what most people do)...but then if you do some tuning in the ECU that could bring out more out of the modification (by getting the engine to actually utilize the better air intake). Also, this is the point where you might want to explore the possibility of an exhaust system (don't get me wrong...the idea of the exhaust system was not to make the car sound good but to make the car breath better....the sound is just a by product of that. So it is not just swapping out the "barrel" for a louder one but actually finding one that helps the car breath better and might even involve everything from the headers down to the tip)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well..not really....you can change the airbox which would show some modest improvements (which to be honest is what most people do)...but then if you do some tuning in the ECU that could bring out more out of the modification (by getting the engine to actually utilize the better air intake). Also, this is the point where you might want to explore the possibility of an exhaust system (don't get me wrong...the idea of the exhaust system was not to make the car sound good but to make the car breath better....the sound is just a by product of that. So it is not just swapping out the "barrel" for a louder one but actually finding one that helps the car breath better and might even involve everything from the headers down to the tip)

Yup you're right about the exhaust, no point in cheaping out on that one. If sound was what I was after, could just go for a 'beet barrel' & have fun with the police lol. For the airbox, do you recommend a K&N drop-in filter or a CAI setup? For the budget, have to start slow!

Well....a CAI will have slightly better impact than a simple K&N drop in especially if you are planning on doing a ECU program....if you are not planning on doing the latter then K&N filter would make more sense (because it is still better than a stock intake but what you can gain from it still probably would be within the scope of what the stock settings are).

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@Hyaenidae just saw your comment? that would indeed be cool! Saw some teamBHP guys have done it too. But of course the minister of home affairs is againsts such things and it would make the car a bit 'unsellable'.

But leaving the prius way of thought aside, love the sport! Perfect hot hatch for our island.