• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine oil for Toyota AE110 | Please share your idea

virajh

5 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Hi, for a car more than 2 decades old, yes , use a 40 weight oil and keep the oil level in check and topped up,..

And change your air filter.

Hello,

Currently use 10W-40 Mobil supper semi synthetic oil. but now recently noted oil level deceasing issue.

Thanks for sharing your advice with here 

17 hours ago, virajh said:

Thank you so much for your quick words,

Actually my car made in 1998 and currently use Mobil 2000 10W,40W semi synthetic oil  , car did around  190K.

Budget is ok for me , highly appreciated if you could suggest a good en

I replied to you on the other thread.....That seems fine for a vehicle with that much high mileage....why do you not like the oil you are using ?

Finally...please do not go around asking the same question on multiple threads....

• Like 1

Discussion from other thread :(I will be deleting the posts on the other thread):

18 hours ago, virajh said:

Dear iRage,

Could you please share the experience of your 110 car engine oil. it will more helpful for me.

I have never owned a 110 on a long term basis. But then again, type of engine oil is very subjective as what works for my engine might not be the best thing for your engine. A "not so worn out" engine would do quite well with a thinner oil and if a heavier oil is needed it would purely for heat absorption in a high temp environment like Colombo. On the other hand, if the engine is somewhat worn out, one might be tempted to use a thicker oil anyway in the interest of maintaining oil pressure and such.

As for whether you should use synthetic or mineral oils...again...that is also subjective as it depends on your vehicle usage and conditions and budget.

=======

Thank you so much for your quick words,

Actually my car made in 1998 and currently use Mobil 2000 10W,40W semi synthetic oil  , car did around  190K.

Budget is ok for me , highly appreciated if you could suggest a good en

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

What is the mileage like on your AE110?

What oil are you currently using?

Currently using 

49 minutes ago, iRage said:

I replied to you on the other thread.....That seems fine for a vehicle with that much high mileage....why do you not like the oil you are using ?

Finally...please do not go around asking the same question on multiple threads....

one of my friend told me recommended viscosity is 10W-30. actually i have no idea of current engine oils brands. that why i'm searching this on AL to get an idea for me. also i think this will helpful for others too.

I'm New to AL and thank for your support... 

4 minutes ago, virajh said:

Currently using 

one of my friend told me recommended viscosity is 10W-30. actually i have no idea of current engine oils brands. that why i'm searching this on AL to get an idea for me. also i think this will helpful for others too.

I'm New to AL and thank for your support... 

If the engine is relatively unworn...then yes a lighter oil would work....but then if the engine is worn with age..a heavier oil would be better....

As for brands...

Mobil, Castrol, LiquiMoly, (do we still have the proper Penzoil ?)...etc...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, virajh said:

Hello,

Currently use 10W-40 Mobil supper semi synthetic oil. but now recently noted oil level deceasing issue.

Thanks for sharing your advice with here 

The brand, type and viscosity of the oil you currently use sounds fine but i'd be more concerned about the oil level decreasing....

Any noticeable leaks? Any residue under the car when parked overnight?

How much oil do you top up and how often (in terms of km's run between top ups?)

On 8/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Devinda_Z said:

The brand, type and viscosity of the oil you currently use sounds fine but i'd be more concerned about the oil level decreasing....

Any noticeable leaks? Any residue under the car when parked overnight?

How much oil do you top up and how often (in terms of km's run between top ups?)

still no leak founded,  oil level is between High and low ( half level), top ups in nearly 3 months ago.

Thanks for your support.