• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Regarding audi A1 and Q 2

Rascapacac

They are pretty good and I haven't heard of any complaints so far. A1s are so cheap now (reconditioned) but both models have dual-clutch gearboxes which are a bit hard to use in Srilanka compared to other gearboxes (no slow creeping allowed!). As with any germans, go for them only if you know how to maintain them or have experience maintaining them!

• Like 1

Well I'm using a A3 sedan which AFAIK has pretty much the same engine and transmission as the Q2. So far I've got no complaints. These cars are not climatized to Sri Lanka so you have to be extra generous with the maintenance. i.e. If the manual recommends engine oil change at 15000km, agent would likely advise you to do it every 10k. Don't cheap out on the maintenance or the cars will turn into money pits later on.

DSG will not give immediate issues it took few years to surface them in Honda. It will also depend on your driving conditions. Stop starts and crawling are the killers. There are useful tips on how to drive DSG on the web.