• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noice from shocks/rack ends in Honda Fit

Yazi000

Question

In my honda fit GP5 I'm getting a "chiri chiri" (metal scrape) noise when my left front wheel hit a rough road with shocks. I'm not getting any noise or anything wired voice when I'm turning the steering wheel. I worried whether I'm having any trouble with my rack ends since I hit a bumbler on the road around 80Kmh few weeks back. Does any one have any opinion about this problem and what's the best thing to do? (eg. whether do a wheel aliment first) Thank you very much.

Edited by Yazi000

3 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Yazi000 said:

In my honda fit GP5 I'm getting a "chiri chiri" (metal scrape) noise when my left front wheel hit a rough road with shocks. I'm not getting any noise or anything wired voice when I'm turning the steering wheel. I worried whether I'm having any trouble with my rack ends since I hit a bumbler on the road around 80Kmh few weeks back. Does any one have any opinion about this problem and what's the best thing to do? (eg. whether do a wheel aliment first) Thank you very much.

GP5 shocks, especially the fronts do not last long, i had to replace them within 35K km. (genuine mileage), once you replace the shocks get the alignment checked.

Get it done soon as bad shocks could ruin your tires, mounts including engine mounts. You could also get the mechanic to check on any damage to the steering at the same time.

21 hours ago, kush said:

GP5 shocks, especially the fronts do not last long, i had to replace them within 35K km. (genuine mileage), once you replace the shocks get the alignment checked.

Get it done soon as bad shocks could ruin your tires, mounts including engine mounts. You could also get the mechanic to check on any damage to the steering at the same time.

Thank you very much. If it is a steering damage I guess I should get to the mechanic soon because the damage can get worse. How much it did cost you the shocks?

1 hour ago, Yazi000 said:

Thank you very much. If it is a steering damage I guess I should get to the mechanic soon because the damage can get worse. How much it did cost you the shocks?

Replaced with KYB some time back it was less than Rs. 30K if i remember correct. FIT GP5 was out of stock, replaced with the one for Freed identical except for the angle of the bracket for the brake hose. You can bend it to the right angle.

Damping was little firmer but that was better for my taste. Original were little too soft.