• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

a good sedan for a vehicle permit

az888

Question

Hi Guys , first post with many more to come :-) . I currently drive a Honda insight 2013. I was able to get hold of a permit and planing to get down a vehicle. My initial plan was to go ahead with an Axio hybrid 2018 but many suggested to go ahead with a premio.  options i have been exploiting were premio , axio , grace and the new suzuki sX4 .My budget is max around 7.5 m ( inclusive of permit )and consider the vehicle to be used for a good 7-8 years and sell it . 

i would like to know from your expert views which vehicle would prove worth to my cause out of the vehicles listed above , or any other vehicles you would suggest  !

Edited by az888

10 answers to this question

Premio is an outgoing model. In fact in a few weeks when the new Corolla Sedan is launched it is beleived the Premio/Allion will be no more. In fact apparently the dealerships are slowly stopping taking orders for it..the platform and the technology is a decade or so old....there are much better and modern options...

Have you considered something like the new Corolla Sport (unfortunately this is a hatchback)? If you can wait a month or two you can even get a new Corolla sedan (which is the replacement for Premio/Allion in Japan).or the new Mazda 3. A Civic 1.5 Sedan (not the 1L little mouse..the 1.5L) is another option. Having said that...you should know the in Japan the current/outgoing Axela and Axio are having some decent deals at Toyota dealerships. For the same amount of money you can even go for crossover...or even a more funner car like a Vitz GR Sport GR..

Edited by iRage

Premio, Civic 1.5L all will be out of your budget when you pay Rs. 2.3-2.4 Mn. for the permit. Out of balance Rs. 5.1-5.2 Mn. you will have to spend 2.0 Mn. for the balance duty if you opt for 1.5L ICE engine which will leave you Rs. 3.1-3.2 Mn. (JPY 1.9 - 2.0 Mn.)

This will get you a hacked Premio from the auction.

If you opt for a 1.2L or 1.5L hybrid additional duty will be Rs. 250K and Rs. 700K which will leave you additional Rs. 1.3-1.7 Mn. to be spend on the vehicle. i.e JPY 3.2-3.7 Mn. which would get you a unused (zero mileage) CH-R, Corolla Sport (if you find one) or a Axio Hybrid. with cash to spare.

Alternatively you could go for Nissan they have 1.2-1.3 L engines in the range. Brand new Qashqai will be Rs. 5.6 plus permit from the agent, gray import will be less.

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Premio is an outgoing model. In fact in a few weeks when the new Corolla Sedan is launched it is beleived the Premio/Allion will be no more. In fact apparently the dealerships are slowly stopping taking orders for it..the platform and the technology is a decade or so old....there are much better and modern options...

Have you considered something like the new Corolla Sport (unfortunately this is a hatchback)? If you can wait a month or two you can even get a new Corolla sedan (which is the replacement for Premio/Allion in Japan).or the new Mazda 3. A Civic 1.5 Sedan (not the 1L little mouse..the 1.5L) is another option. Having said that...you should know the in Japan the current/outgoing Axela and Axio are having some decent deals at Toyota dealerships. For the same amount of money you can even go for crossover...or even a more funner car like a Vitz GR Sport GR..

43 minutes ago, kush said:

Premio, Civic 1.5L all will be out of your budget when you pay Rs. 2.3-2.4 Mn. for the permit. Out of balance Rs. 5.1-5.2 Mn. you will have to spend 2.0 Mn. for the balance duty if you opt for 1.5L ICE engine which will leave you Rs. 3.1-3.2 Mn. (JPY 1.9 - 2.0 Mn.)

This will get you a hacked Premio from the auction.

If you opt for a 1.2L or 1.5L hybrid additional duty will be Rs. 250K and Rs. 700K which will leave you additional Rs. 1.3-1.7 Mn. to be spend on the vehicle. i.e JPY 3.2-3.7 Mn. which would get you a unused (zero mileage) CH-R, Corolla Sport (if you find one) or a Axio Hybrid. with cash to spare.

Alternatively you could go for Nissan they have 1.2-1.3 L engines in the range. Brand new Qashqai will be Rs. 5.6 plus permit from the agent, gray import will be less.

Thanks for the valuable information ! considering the axio hybrid 18 , will it have features such as Toyota safety sense , Intelligent clearance sonar , cruise control ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, az888 said:

Thanks for the valuable information ! considering the axio hybrid 18 , will it have features such as Toyota safety sense , Intelligent clearance sonar , cruise control ?

CH-R too will be similar price, it will not be as economical as the Axio, but will be a better vehicle and have better resale in 7-8 years time horizon you're looking at being a non-hybrid.

Did you check the Audi A3 Sedan or if you are ok with a crossover, Audi Q2?

Both of these are 1.0L Turbo so the money you pay would be more towards the actual cost of the vehicle, rather than taxes. 

A note on the A3, even most of the fully loaded models do not come with Audi Pre-Sense radar which means it won't have auto breaking, lane assist, adaptive cruise etc. This applies to agent imports as well because Audi apparently discourages the use of it in SL traffic conditions. It does come with 360 degree collision warning/parking sensors. Also, although the back seat can comfortably seat 2 adults, seating for 3 on long trips might not be that comfortable.

A3 S-Line would cost you around 8.2-8.7 (without permit - permit price should be around your budget) from a car sale. Q2 should be even less. I don't know much about the resale value of this other than that it won't be anywhere as good as a Toyota in SL. On the other hand, I, just like you switched from a Honda Hybrid to an A3 and have no regrets.

Edited by ramishkad

No point in buying a 1.0 L unless you have your own permit, even so it will be a waste

Duty for a 1.0L will be Rs. 2.0 Mn., cost of the permit will be Rs. 2.3-2.4 Mn. as far as I know

If you buy you loose Rs. 400k, sell your own permit and buy you make Rs. 400k ?

7 hours ago, az888 said:

You mean an Axio Hybrid from 2018 ? Depends on the grade....the new ones have most of these standard whilst the earlier (perhaps 2018 is also included in this) they came with the basic TSS and some of the other items were optional...

9 hours ago, az888 said:

AFAIK Toyota Safety Sense C was included in Axio hybrid facelift since 2015 or so.

But clearance sonar and cruise control are only included in Axio hybrid WXB 2018 onwards. Not in Hybrid G or WXB 2017 model.