• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best SUV under 10 million

sathira529

Question

Hello experts,this is my very first post in autolanka.Im planning to by a brand new SUV.my budget is around 10 million.few models like Toyota CHR,Honda CRV,Audi Q2,Peugeot 3008 took my attention.Im not worrying about fuel but concerning about reliability,safety and maintenance cost.

What is the best option I can go with?please share your thoughts.thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, sathira529 said:

Hello experts,this is my very first post in autolanka.Im planning to by a brand new SUV.my budget is around 10 million.few models like Toyota CHR,Honda CRV,Audi Q2,Peugeot 3008 took my attention.Im not worrying about fuel but concerning about reliability,safety and maintenance cost.

What is the best option I can go with?please share your thoughts.thanks in advance

CRV, others are from class below

• Thanks 1

For starters....all those are crossovers and not actual SUVs. Some, like the CRV are midsized crossovers and some, like the CHR, are compact crossovers. 

If you do not care about the size, then, if you want some driving pleasure then the Audi is a bit above the others. The CHR and CRV are actually pretty nice in terms of feeling, but I absolutely hate the gearbox in the CRV because it kills a lot of the power the engine puts out. Ease of maintenance and service-ability wise, the CHR and CRV would be a bit easier. Some of your models could perhaps be purchased through the agents, albeit might not have all the bells and whistles of the grey imports; and their support can be quite useful and a relief. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, iRage said:

For starters....all those are crossovers and not actual SUVs. Some, like the CRV are midsized crossovers and some, like the CHR, are compact crossovers. 

If you do not care about the size, then, if you want some driving pleasure then the Audi is a bit above the others. The CHR and CRV are actually pretty nice in terms of feeling, but I absolutely hate the gearbox in the CRV because it kills a lot of the power the engine puts out. Ease of maintenance and service-ability wise, the CHR and CRV would be a bit easier. Some of your models could perhaps be purchased through the agents, albeit might not have all the bells and whistles of the grey imports; and their support can be quite useful and a relief. 

Agreed but Q2 in SL are mostly 1.0L with only 116 bhp, (190 kmph., 0-60, 10.7s) S-tronic DSG is not the best shift in SL traffic, may have issues with premature ware. CHR and CRV has CVT although not the best shift for fun, is better suited to SL conditions.

CHR you get a additional cylinder, 200cc which makes the engine much smoother, however with similar power (114 bhp), coupled to a CVT it will not feel as fast as the Audi as you will not feel gears changing, but has a very quite drive train. Might have to check the back seat and the ridicules rear door handle with makes it impossible for small kids to operate. Rear seat is not enough for adults, kids will be claustrophobic due to the shape of the rear glasses and the dark interior.

I had a older model CRV (2013) which the family adored due to the sheer amount of room inside. Huge boot, rear bench with no floor hump. New one is even roomier with option of 7 seats with last two suited only for children. Of cause you will forgo the huge boot capacity if all 7 seats are in use. I have no experience in the new 1.5L, CVT so recommend a good test drive.(hire one for a day do the 100 km and see whether you like it)

• Thanks 1