• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vanette c22 (A15s petrol)

Vanette c22

Hi and welcome to the forum, 

High HC can be due to many reasons, but the most common is the air to fuel mixture being too lean. The next would be improper ignition timing.

From memory, the A15S engine has a carburettor, so get a proper tune done by a carburettor expert. Also get your ignition timing and distributor checked out as well.

• Like 1

I must tell one thing i used to tune my van from a local man who is good with petrol vehicle.(now im not ok with this guy) When i cold start the engine, can see water coming out of exhaust! But i feel lack of power of an 1500cc engine. I have to paddle nearly half to make the van moving (i used to switch gears 1st to 2nd at 20kmph then 3rd at 40km nd 4th on 50km) when vehicle is on 3rd gear have to paddle the gas hard to make small gaps. Talking about fuel consumption per L it does 10km and on long run 13km. On drive, engine noise also very annoying ?

3 hours ago, Vanette c22 said:

#Twin turbo what do u mean by aijr filter?? 

He meant the AIR filter. Replacing the air filter is part of basic maintenance, and I hope you have done them because obviously you cannot expect the engine to work properly otherwise.

12 hours ago, Vanette c22 said:

Davy, thank you for the details.. and i need further information on improper ignition timing??? Can you detail me? And here in nuwaraeliya its hard to find a one who can tune petrol engine. Can you recommend me a good place?? 

Ignition timing is basically the spark plug receives a spark towards the last bit of the compression stroke of a piston. It's important to ignite the air/fuel mixture at the correct time in order to achieve a complete "burn" and for the engine to work optimally.

In EFI engines, ignition timing is handled by the ECU by aid of the signal from the crank position sensor. But in carburettor engines, it needs to be done manually, by setting the distributor in the correct angle. A good carburettor mechanic would know how to.

Not really familiar with Nuwara Eliya or mechanics in the area, sorry. Maybe someone in Kandy or close by can suggest a place. 

21 hours ago, Davy said:

Hi and welcome to the forum, 

High HC can be due to many reasons, but the most common is the air to fuel mixture being too lean. The next would be improper ignition timing.

From memory, the A15S engine has a carburettor, so get a proper tune done by a carburettor expert. Also get your ignition timing and distributor checked out as well.

Thank you man it means alot.. if there any place i can find a service manual for c22?? I need to fix the blower switch on the dash board which is not functioning 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...