• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Navara

rayman

Question

Hi guys, looking to buy a pickup for around 3mil. Navara seems to be a good buy, because its cheap. But why is it so cheap? I read the forums. Reviews are mixed. I'm not concerned about the fuel economy. But i'm concerned about reliability and cost of repairs. Is the renault engine so bad? The older D22 models are more expensive than the Navara, and ten years older!! Honestly, it can't be that bad?

3 answers to this question

It's cheap to buy, expensive to run... you can feel its cheaply made too. Nissan had to recall a bunch of Navaras because those literally broke in two (google navara broken in half)

After the D22 series its not being manufactured in Japan, I guess that's one reason for the poor quality.

I assume you are referring to the D40 Navara, It's actually quite bad. The D22 was primarily developed by Nissan, while D40 had fair bit of involvement from Renault and the production was also moved to Thailand. The YD25DDTI on the Navara has a fair bit of reliability issues, if you do a bit of research on the internet you will be able to find out the problems related to it.