• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Crossover - Suzuki Vitara Vs MG

Gane

Question

Dear Experts

Im looking for a Compact crossover with a budget of Rs 6 Mn.

Presently had a look of Suzuki Vitara and MG.

Though I like the outlook of Vitara it gives only simple options.

Any advise from you.

Thanks

12 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Gane said:

Dear Experts

Im looking for a Compact crossover with a budget of Rs 6 Mn.

Presently had a look of Suzuki Vitara and MG.

Though I like the outlook of Vitara it gives only simple options.

Any advise from you.

Thanks

Think of it this way. Would you marry a reliable Japanese woman or a flashy looking Chinese woman?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Mates ..

Thanks you very much for your quick responses.

Agree with Kush, we rarely using some of the functions attached to the car. However we still like to have them ?

Have you heard of any bad comments yet on new Vitara (2019)? or What are the negatives of the vehicle?

Edited by Gane
Typo error

As for the Vitara only few vehicles around and as the vehicle is new do not expect to find that may information on issues. Given the past records of the marque and most of the drive train is shared with others in the family we can reasonably assume the vehicle to be reliable.

I've heard few negatives on MG, especially on fuel economy

The only features you should want to have but never have to use are the safety features.....I am 90% sure when it comes to that the Vitara would be a lot better in design and features in the safety department than the MG.

So far the Vitara has been well received for what it is...and like @kush had mentioned the power and drive trains are used in other models and are seem to be doing okay so far.

The MG on the other hand....opinions seem to differ a lot...some seem to like it for what you get for the price...the others find it an overloaded poorly put together pile of sheet metal and plastic and other miscellaneous materials...but personally for me it feels okay and you get what you pay for (although I have never used one or driven one)

Vitara looks pretty good of that range. Though MG looks great, long term reliability and re sale value can be questionable. 

The same 1000CC boosterjet engine of Vitara shared with Baleno & Swift RS. Therefore, there should not be issues for spare parts / reliability. 

As I heard, Baleno & Swift give better fuel economy (12-15). As the VItara seems to be heavy compared to these two, any idea of its fuel economy? Is it required to pump 95 Octane always?

From what I've seen on SL forums and Facebook groups, most people go for the MG because of the sunroof. Whichever vehicle you buy, don't make sunroof the deciding factor. My vehicle has one too, and its near completely useless in Sri Lanka.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ramishkad said:

From what I've seen on SL forums and Facebook groups, most people go for the MG because of the sunroof. Whichever vehicle you buy, don't make sunroof the deciding factor. My vehicle has one too, and its near completely useless in Sri Lanka.

Not to mention the fact that at some point of time, you will need to use silicone or no-leak to seal the damn thing shut!

post-207-0-83627500-1405188647.jpg

• Haha 2

So , I've been using the new vitara since December 2018. Imported it directly from UK.  feel it's quite good value for the money spent. A no frills vehicle , which has all the current day safety features and creature comforts. Tested out the MG before deciding on this one. The build quality of the MG is no match to the vitara which is miles ahead. Fuel economy is around 9.5-10 in city traffic. Out of Colombo 16-17.  It has adequate power with the boost coming on at low rpms. Had the swift RST before which was bit quicker and more efficient.  Boot space is good, since it has a false bottom which can be taken off to load bigger bags. Ride quality is good and  suspension absorbs bumps, uneven surfaces well. Its an overall decent package

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VWvortex said:

So , I've been using the new vitara since December 2018. Imported it directly from UK.  feel it's quite good value for the money spent. A no frills vehicle , which has all the current day safety features and creature comforts. Tested out the MG before deciding on this one. The build quality of the MG is no match to the vitara which is miles ahead. Fuel economy is around 9.5-10 in city traffic. Out of Colombo 16-17.  It has adequate power with the boost coming on at low rpms. Had the swift RST before which was bit quicker and more efficient.  Boot space is good, since it has a false bottom which can be taken off to load bigger bags. Ride quality is good and  suspension absorbs bumps, uneven surfaces well. Its an overall decent package

Thanks for the hands on update