• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

maharagama vs C-Y_I_C- hospital

carboy2011

Someone I know of needs to get radiotherapy done for prostrate cancer and he has been advised by one oncologist that both maharagama and the private are the same but the difference is that in private hospital you dont have waiting times

However others have warned about Maharagama saying that they use substandard drugs due to massive corruption and they are not that great and to go private if you want to get treated correctly and recommended c******o hospital saying that they have the best equipment,I wonder if anyone can share their views

Edited by carboy2011

5 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

Someone I know of needs to get radiotherapy done for prostrate cancer and he has been advised by one oncologist that both maharagama and the private are the same but the difference is that in private hospital you dont have waiting times

However others have warned about Maharagama saying that they use substandard drugs due to massive corruption and they are not that great and to go private if you want to get treated correctly and recommended c******o hospital saying that they have the best equipment,I wonder if anyone can share their 

Most drugs in Sri lanka are substandard, not just in govt hospitals.

Only difference is doctors dont get kickbacks when they prescribe drugs in government hospitals.

Either way, patient is not the winner. So go to the government hospital.

one my close friend was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer ( stage 2 or 3, can't really remember). He had to go to Maharagama hospital for six months on weekly basis for his treatments. he got through that and completely cured now. Mind you it's not the pleasant place to spend your time. Yes it's true that they do not have the best equipment but gets the job done.

6 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

However others have warned about Maharagama saying that they use substandard drugs due to massive corruption

At-least we know that there are corruptions, but in private sector no body knows the inside.....

I have only one reason for going private - It's time constraint and waiting list.

If they have time and no waiting list, then no doubt, they should go government hospital.