• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid or Non Hybrid

Roy Bandara

Question

Dear Sir,

I stick rigidly to Toyota, My budgetary provision is 4 to 4.2 m. I do not intend to purchase any, which YOM before 2013.

I do hesitate to buy Hybrids as it has come to controversy in terms of battery life and other periodical electrical and mechanical

defects/maintenance. Thus I am looking for Toyota Axio non hybrid.Please advise me, if my conclusion is justifiable.

• Haha 1

7 answers to this question

You should mention your requirements to suggest good examples. Anyway, buying a hybrid without at least doing 1500km per month is pointless. Also note that hybrid batteries from 2013-2014 models might be having their final one or two years.

46 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

You should mention your requirements to suggest good examples. Anyway, buying a hybrid without at least doing 1500km per month is pointless. Also note that hybrid batteries from 2013-2014 models might be having their final one or two years.

Appreciate & thanks for  your quick response to my question.  Generally, I do not run  that milage p/m  as you stated.  

Please, just simply  let me know whether it is worthwhile to go for a non hybrid instead of Hybrid according to my budget. 

I strictly stick to Toyota. 

Regards.

1 hour ago, kush said:

Given your criteria you have no other choice apart from Vitz, why do you want justification for your decision when you have more or less made your choice.

1 hour ago, kush said:

Given your criteria you have no other choice apart from Vitz, why do you want justification for your decision when you have more or less made your choice.

1 hour ago, kush said:

Thanks Kush, But I am looking for  a Salon type instead of hatch bag,  

2 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Appreciate & thanks for  your quick response to my question.  Generally, I do not run  that milage p/m  as you stated.  

Please, just simply  let me know whether it is worthwhile to go for a non hybrid instead of Hybrid according to my budget. 

Regards.

1 hour ago, Roy Bandara said:

Regards.

Yes....at the end of the day I believe the TCO will be pretty much the same for both without the hassle of maintaining a Hybrid system