• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abel08

Question

Hi guys , I'm not really sure if I can ask this in the forums but here it goes , I am kind of frustrated for searching for a allion/premio 1.8 2010+ Yom , spent the past couple of days looking everywhere . If anyone can help me out with leads or any cars possibly on sale , please let me know 

17 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Abel08 said:

Sort of but let me give a little more background.  Our current we had for the past 7 years is a vios 2004.The pick up in that car is quite nice and handling since it's a small car is quite fun and nimble but at moderate speeds it has a bit of body roll at the back and feels a bit "floaty" at the rear.My problem with the A15 is it's sort the same car using same suspension and engine as the vios but in a much larger and heavier car . So everything good about that setup of car is gone like nimble handling and pickup.I would be fine with this if the allion could compensate in features like cruise control . That's why I thought of giving the A18 a try because at the very least it would have the pick up . The civic is definitely a better car in every way but we are quite worried that it may be a major hassle to sell. 

Also the civic I mentioned is the 2012 civic FB , this is 9th gen , not the FD . Also the version we are considering is the 1.6l .

If there are any other cars that is a worthy upgrade please list some 

Thanks guys for the advice

Well the A15 is quite comfy compared to the VIOS, so there is that

1. The 1.8L Allion/Premio does not have the same resale market as the 1.5L..just go to the Allion/Premio FB gourps and you can see why...the mentality of the typical Allion/Premio crowd is quite backward looking and narrow minded. 90% are the type of morons who will spend 1000Rs extra to save 1Rs with just 40Rs in their pocket.  So where resale value is concerned it won't be any better nor worst than the Civic

2. The Vios and the Allion have the same TYPE of suspension but not the same. Makes a huge difference in ride comfort. The Allion is softer sprung, sligtly larger shocks, more dampening bushes. The Vios made for 3rd world countries like ours (I hate saying 3rd world but considering what we have done to our country we deserve to be called that), the suspension is harder and lesser compoenents because we have hard/harsh roads. This is why the Vios is quite buoyant on the road...

3. The 1.8L Allion does not feel nimble and peppy as you would find the Vios and Vitz to be. The car pulls very quick compared to the 1.5L but still has the soft roly suspension of the 1.5L. ROlly suspension does not make a car peppy and will have a floaty roll to it. But you will accelerate and go through traffic quicker. My father in law had one and did not need anything done to it in the 8 years he owned it and had 163K on it when he traded it in. It drove well and had decent pickup up but in the mountanous bends it was too soft and pudgy....but very comfy....This is in Japan ne. On the other hand you can do some sweet mods to get rid of the body roll.

4.  There are plenty of 1.5s around like @Hyaenidae mentioned but finding a good example is not that easy....they are 99% crap used by the sort of people described in "1". Granted....if you do find a 1.8 or a 2L (there is one I know of and not for sale) it will be most likely in better shape than the majority of the 1.5s around. 

5. Why are you just looking at an Allion ?I thikn there are a few more 1.8L Premios around than Allions

6. Give some serious consideration to the Civic, Lancer, Axela/3  and even the 140 series export model Corolla (based on the same platform as the Allion/Premio). You get the 1.6L engine in the Corolla which is not too bad....and can even find a well maintained unit with a well documented history at the agent. Try to stay away from the later imports which came from Pakistan....the first ones were from Japan and then Thailand. The Pakistani ones are a bit stripped down and Toyota had some QC issues back then.

Allion 1.8 L has better interior trim look very nice, meter cluster has more information, more power,  with dual VVTi has similar economy of the 1.5 L. A friend has one which returns crazy kmpl figures outstation.

These 1.8 L are typically used by a different lot than the usual 1.5 L crowed who hack their cars to death. You will be able to find a better cared 1.8L in my view.

23 minutes ago, GayanR said:

Forget about it.Extremely rare

Damn lol, then next option would be a civic fb but quite scared of the resale value , the car is for my dad and he is quite particular about that and demand 

3 minutes ago, Abel08 said:

Damn lol, then next option would be a civic fb but quite scared of the resale value , the car is for my dad and he is quite particular about that and demand 

So dad wants resale value and you want power I take it

I'd say go for a 1.5 Allion and be done with it, even if you find a 1.8 Allion you'll see one day it's hard to sell compared to a 1.5 , since there are plenty of 1.5 Allions around it would be easier to find an unmolested specimen

Civic FD1 would certainly have less demand than an Allion, even the 1.6 FD4 has more demand than the FD1

3 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

So dad wants resale value and you want power I take it

I'd say go for a 1.5 Allion and be done with it, even if you find a 1.8 Allion you'll see one day it's hard to sell compared to a 1.5 , since there are plenty of 1.5 Allions around it would be easier to find an unmolested specimen

Civic FD1 would certainly have less demand than an Allion, even the 1.6 FD4 has more demand than the FD1

Sort of but let me give a little more background.  Our current we had for the past 7 years is a vios 2004.The pick up in that car is quite nice and handling since it's a small car is quite fun and nimble but at moderate speeds it has a bit of body roll at the back and feels a bit "floaty" at the rear.My problem with the A15 is it's sort the same car using same suspension and engine as the vios but in a much larger and heavier car . So everything good about that setup of car is gone like nimble handling and pickup.I would be fine with this if the allion could compensate in features like cruise control . That's why I thought of giving the A18 a try because at the very least it would have the pick up . The civic is definitely a better car in every way but we are quite worried that it may be a major hassle to sell. 

Also the civic I mentioned is the 2012 civic FB , this is 9th gen , not the FD . Also the version we are considering is the 1.6l .

If there are any other cars that is a worthy upgrade please list some 

Thanks guys for the advice

There are only a few (might be less than 20, or even 10) 1800cc 2010 afterwards Allion/Premio are imported to SL. I have only seen one for sale yet. That’s because from 2011-2012 taxation has been increasing rapidly for higher capacity engines. But you can find a 2007-2009 one  and still those would be a bit rare too(There might be one or two up for sale at the moment).

1500cc variant is just ok for daily driving. Compared to the 4 speed conventional auto gearboxes in the 2002-2006 240 Allion/Premio models, newer 260 with CVT has tuned to get better torque around 1000-3000rpm. Even in the hills I’m yet to experience any issue. But the car feels barge-like and cumbersome in corners than cars like Vios and 121. That’s due to the weight and soft tuned suspension. Those cars excel at doing long journeys than any other car in this segment.

This is what I have experienced. Due to this softer suspension setting, you’ll rarely get the feeling of sticking to the seat and the car is going faster. One day I had a test, Axio 2011 and a Fit Gp5, accelerating from a stop. I know when driving the GP5 feels a whole lot faster that an Axio in any way and feels like in a totally different planet. But I was amazed seeing the Axio just went away, passing the GP5.

Thanks guys for the pointers . We did find 1 1.8 allion for sale , the owner is asking 44.50 for it , which seems a bit steep considering the market for the 1.8 is usually lower than the 1.8. But now the problem is market and resale value . The car has had 2 previous owners . It seems to be in pretty good condition as well. I would love us to get that but dad isn't too sure how easy it would be to sell.

My question now is how bad is the resale demand going to be compared to a vios. Because for me at least the demand for the vios wasnt the best but was acceptable . Could someone shed some light into this matter . Also how would the resale demand and market be compared to a Cvic 1.6 . Thanks .

Sri Lankans really need to stop buying cars based on how easy it would be to sell a car even before they buy it. As long as we do it we give the idiotic car salesmen the power to go on doing their BS. It is quite sad that you are thinking about how easy it would be to get rid of the car even before using it.(would you date a girl thinking of the next guy she would date ? or marry one thinking of how easily she might divorce you and go for some other guy ?). 

Any car...ANY CAR....will get sold as long as it is honest..i.e. taken care of properly, and reasonably priced. There are plenty of so called 15A Allions and 1.5L G Superior Premios that are just rotting around without getting sold whilst decent Mazdas and Mitsubishis get sold off in a few days. 

For that price you are looking at buying a 10 year old car (on average)...when you are selling it off it will be 12 - 15 years old. No one can predict what the car market is going to be in 2-5 years for cars that old (with new tech...and random policies taking effect). So people thinking about resale market is utterly ridiculous and a waste of brain cells.

But yes..I can understand your concern...90% of the people who buy Allions are utter morons who would have no idea if the car is a 1.5 or a 1.8.  They only know the number of gold painted badges and fake wood panels.

At the end of the day..with a 1.8 you will have a much better performing car for almost the same economy of the 1.5L (something our Allion/Premios buyers will never understand). Buy the car you want...stop worrying about the next bloody owner of the car

Based on your main concern....forget about a 1.8L Allion or a Civic or anything else...if your main and seemingly only criteria for buying a car (and overrides everything else) is resale value...you have three options

1. 1.5L Premio G Superior  (1.5L never had a G Superior grade. For a limited time Toyota dealers in Japan offered G Superior Toyota dealer package for the highest grade 1.5L, i.e. a F-EX..but 99% of those in SL are fake ones with random **** attached in SL). 

2. Corolla Axio Hybrid ! WxB would be better...

3. Corolla Axio (141) G grade with RPM meter (the old Axio and Allion share he same platform)

with these cars you can always ask for exorbitant prices and even if it does not get sold for months people will still think it is an amazing and you can deceive yourself in to thinking that it is gathering value.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Who says that the Allion 1.8L has less market value than the 1.5L, may be your next door who is using a Maruti or your friendly car sales guy by the side of the road in Nugegoda.

Most likely a 1.8L will be used by someone who knows a thing or two about cars and likely to be maintained better.

7 hours ago, kush said:

Who says that the Allion 1.8L has less market value than the 1.5L, may be your next door who is using a Maruti or your friendly car sales guy by the side of the road in Nugegoda.

Most likely a 1.8L will be used by someone who knows a thing or two about cars and likely to be maintained better.

and most likely those who want to buy one will also be someone who wants something specific and will have no issue buying it as long as it is maintained properly and reasonably priced. At the end of the day the 1.8 Dual VVTI is pretty economical as the 1.5L especially if it has an idling stop--system. But Sri Lankans do not understand that....if engine capacity is greater than 1.5...then it is not economical. When I was a kid this is exactly how people felt about 1.5L cars...if the car was more than 1.3..then it was considered a gas guzzler.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:07 PM, Abel08 said:

Thanks guys for the pointers . We did find 1 1.8 allion for sale , the owner is asking 44.50 for it , which seems a bit steep considering the market for the 1.8 is usually lower than the 1.8. But now the problem is market and resale value . The car has had 2 previous owners . It seems to be in pretty good condition as well. I would love us to get that but dad isn't too sure how easy it would be to sell.

My question now is how bad is the resale demand going to be compared to a vios. Because for me at least the demand for the vios wasnt the best but was acceptable . Could someone shed some light into this matter . Also how would the resale demand and market be compared to a Cvic 1.6 . Thanks .

Buddy you are a lucky person to find a good 1.8. When i was searching i didnt come up with a nicely maintained 1.8. I would have take it in a heartbeat. So dont think 1.5 has better resale value than a 1.8.

1.8 always has the upperhand if it was taken care of properly.