• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Info on Getting Down Genuine Kia Spare Parts

YesinLegend

I have been trying in vain for 3 months to find shock absorbers for my 2012 OptimaTF. 

A little background to my search

I've tried getting a quote from the agents. Their prices seem to be going up every month. First time I called (April) they don't even have the parts in stock to begin with and quoted me 55k for both front shock absorbers and informed me that the waiting period is at least 4 weeks. I was quite angry that the agents don't even have vital parts in stock for their own models. Then after searching elsewhere unsuccessfully in June I checked on the agents again to see at least then if they had stocked up. As expected no. This time they are quoting me 70k for both front shock absorbers. Ridiculously expensive.

In the meantime I called and went to Ajantha Motors several times to try and get them to bring down the parts but the old fellow there just takes down the part number each time and never follow up on it. Like this I went behind 2 individual importers who go to South Korea to bring down parts. My usual guy will not be going to Korea until late August while the other guy said that the Kia Motors Parent company doesn't allow 3rd party sellers to buy parts in bulk anymore because the agents here have complained to the parent company. The Kia agents here don't like competition.

I went to TAAS as well. As helpful as they were, their KYB catalog didn't have a compatible shock absorber offering for my Optima TF.

What I need

Could someone please share any reliable business or importer that brings down genuine Kia parts?

Update: I bit the bullet and placed the order to get the front shocks from the agents. Only when I went there to place the order they tell me that it can be brought down for much cheaper at 44k through sea freight in 2-5months, then they mention that the previous quote of 70k (2-5 weeks to deliver) for both front shocks are because of air freight charges.

They couldn't mention this way back in freaking April when I asked them (repeatedly) if they can't be brought down for cheaper! Either those people working at Kia Motors SL are very incompetent or they are solely focused on ripping off their remaining customer base or both. 

I only put up with this nonsense because I love the Optima; it's very comfortable and hasn't given me any trouble. Only now I'm needing shocks due to a freak accident that involved the unlit section of marine drive and a very deep pothole (which has thankfully been covered up) at highway speed.

Edited by YesinLegend
Came to an unwilling solution

20 hours ago, vag2 said:

I did find compatible model on Amazon but I've never imported a vehicle spare on my own. I saw that bringing down parts has been discussed quite frequently on AL, so going through them will take a while.

I wouldn't mind importing by myself but I would like to know the exact duty tax percentages etc. and the gist of the precedure involved.

51 minutes ago, YesinLegend said:

I wouldn't mind importing by myself but I would like to know the exact duty tax percentages etc. and the gist of the precedure involved.

As for the taxes for suspension Shock absorbers or parts, if the value is 100,000/- you will have to pay around 62,000/- as taxes. So the tax is about 62% of the value.

• Like 1