• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CHR G-T vs. S-T

Sha20

Question

15 answers to this question

The T stands for Turbo...so G-T and S-T means grade G or S - Gasoline Turbo (So NO G-T does not stand for Grand Tourer like some would say it is)

So the actual grades are G and S. So you get G Hybrid and S Hybrid. G-T and S-T for petrol variants. Then you get various special/limited packages now and then with names like G-Modus or something something and other names.

G is the highest grade and comes with a lot of things like LED lights and signal Audi style turn light blinkers as padded and stitched upholstery, etc.... either as standard or offered options (whist the S standard items in the G are options and options for the G are not offered). However, a lot of these accessories/features can be taken off or added on when ordering the vehicle and sometimes special packages mix them up.

Here is an options excerpt from the CHR catalog....somethings you can figure out by looking at the pictures. Others...use the Google Translator app and translate...Sorry..the differences and permutations are way too many to list out over here. I know a lot of people say G grade has this and that and X grade another set...but if they knew anything about Toyota's dealer and manufacture option methods then they will know saying that is ridiculous.

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/c-hr-u/c-hr-u_201708.pdf

Edited by iRage

I spent some considerable amount of time to search the differences between ST and GT before I bought a GT grade. Actually engine and gearbox are the same. Most of the differences are cosmetic.

GT grade has full LED headlights and tail lights with sequential turning lamp

(LED headlights and tail lights are a manufacturer's option. Some GT grade C-HR ' s have halogen lights. Most of the GT grades brought down to SL have LED lights)

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_44.jpg

Geneva-312.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99

Other than the above features, Only GTgrade includes puddle lamps, front seat heaters and electric lumbar support for the driver, front and rear parking sensors  (8 altogether ), automatic rain sensing vipers, drive and passenger vanity mirrors with light, Panasonic 's "nanoe" technology for air conditioning system,  auto dimming rear view mirror and illumination for cup holders and front door pockets  . GT has half leather seats and ST has fabric seats. GT had LED fog lights while ST has halogen fog lights. 

Toyota Safety Sense P, dual zone climate control comes standard in both grades.

Since the ST grade does not have front and rear parking sensors ( clearance sonar) it does not include Blind spot monitoring and Rear cross traffic allert option.

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_15.jpg

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_30.jpg

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_16.jpg

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_09.jpg

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_04.jpg

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_37.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99

8 hours ago, priyanka said:

By the way.. what's BOOST IMPULSE...??

Is it only the body kit.. or it comes with some more additional options  .?

That is a type of Modellista dressup kit.The other one is called Elegant Ice kit (I personally prefer that)..follow this link to see what it comes with :

https://www.modellista.co.jp/en/product/c-hr/boostimpulse/

I can understand people going for it in Japan just for looks...but considering the import tax structure (and the car salesmen's loving service fees) the additional cost of the kit adds up to being rather hefty..so you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Edited by iRage

8 hours ago, iRage said:

That is a type of Modellista dressup kit.The other one is called Elegant Ice kit (I personally prefer that)..follow this link to see what it comes with :

https://www.modellista.co.jp/en/product/c-hr/boostimpulse/

I can understand people going for it in Japan just for looks...but considering the import tax structure (and the car salesmen's loving service fees) the additional cost of the kit adds up to being rather hefty..so you have to wonder if it is worth it.

Yes... I also have noticed the price difference