• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Doubtful about this car

AVANTE

So tomorrow I'm going to inspect a YOM 2000 pre-facelift Y11 wingroad with a manual tranny in kandy. The thing is this car has a KG-no. (2008 registered) and owner is willing to let go for around 1.87 mil (negotiable). It is a 2nd owner vehicle with 90k on the clock. My question is: Is this normal? How come a wingroad sit around for 8 years without a registration? Did the 3-year import rule not apply during that time period or is it something else? I have seen AE100s with K- numbers as well. But on a pre-facelift Y11 it's uncommon. Hope you guys can clarify as soon as possible and thanks in advnace!! :)

23 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

So tomorrow I'm going to inspect a YOM 2000 pre-facelift Y11 wingroad with a manual tranny in kandy. The thing is this car has a KG-no. (2008 registered) and owner is willing to let go for around 1.87 mil (negotiable). It is a 2nd owner vehicle with 90k on the clock. My question is: Is this normal? How come a wingroad sit around for 8 years without a registration? Did the 3-year import rule not apply during that time period or is it something else? I have seen AE100s with K- numbers as well. But on a pre-facelift Y11 it's uncommon. Hope you guys can clarify as soon as possible and thanks in advnace!! :)

Could have been a car that was imported under a gift permit or something. Those permits were somewhat common in the mid 2000s and our car sale guys were using them lwhen and where possible to bring down older cars. See if you can find any document that shows what the import date was. So it could be one of them....it could have been an auction vehicle. 

But never the less...check check and cross check..if possible even the records with the RMV for anything fishy...unfortunately the customs and import/export departments might not be very helpful in giving any info (although the records should be retreievable on asycuda) 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Could be a port auction, look around in the documents, if it is expect corrosion and a once over

• Thanks 1

The CR should reveal most of the info you are after. If it says 'bought from auction', then it is a vehicle which was auctioned off by the customs.

Check whether its a Nissan Y11 or an Emperor Y11 :)

Look for any clauses that are marked as 'deleted' on the CR. Note them down and post it here. Might be able to look up for it.