• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Evo X final edition

varotone

Stumbled upon this Lancer Evo X final edition while going through some random posts here on AL. Now itching to buy this. Gentlemen here saved me once from making a impulse purchase before. Here I'm asking for advice again.

Here's the deal.

Lancer Evo X final edition. Cleared. Unregistered. Odo 2k when imported. 7k now. At a car sale. Looks genuine (very low possibility of someone swapping the transmission, repainting, forging the document.... ) Asking 17 mil.

Expecting your comments on the purchase.

Obviously this is not value for money. I could buy a ordinary Evo X, and tune it to make it even better than this. But given this is a limited edition, is this a sensible purchase? More concerned after the rumors about resurrection of the Evo.

I learned that it came with Enkei wheels with Mitsu logo,  but for some reason it has BBS on. Owner has not swapped them. I'm not seeing black carpets with red stitching. ?

Edited by varotone
Corrected typos

So why was it not registered ? Who imported it ? Who owns it ? Did you get it checked ? Do the ID numbers match up ? Why was it at a Finance company yard (although someone claimed they have nothing to do with it ?)

6 hours ago, varotone said:

I learned that it came with Enkei wheels with Mitsu logo,  but for some reason it has BBS on. Owner has not swapped them. I'm not seeing black carpets with red stitching. ?

Uh...no....the Final Edition in Japan has 18" BBS wheels in a different color (?), I thought it was the same all over the planet....If there was an Enkei wheel perhaps that was an option ?

mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-final-edition-ordering-books-open-in-japan-photo-gallery-94369_1.jpg

Production models shown on press days also seem to have the BBS wheels

https://autoc-one.jp/news/2166734/

Lancer Evolution X Final EditionLancer Evolution X Final Edition

The SST Final, which does not fall in to the Final edition category does on the other hand have Enkei's with the Mitsubishi logo...

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

She can't run on 95 octane right? Needs 98 octane, that means having to use an octane booster on every fill-up. Other than that I don't see a reason not to go for it!

Post as much pics as you can if you end up buying her :D

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 1

Having a bit of an understanding about the car industry as a whole, for 17mil, it`s a BIG.! FAT.! NO.! from me..  :D 

Edited by MrCat
  • Like 1

This is my dream car? but 17 mil? Gods must be crazy! Wouldn’t spend that much even for my dream car. But hey what’s stopping you from buying that? Go for it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iRage said:

So why was it not registered ? Who imported it ? Who owns it ? Did you get it checked ? Do the ID numbers match up ? Why was it at a Finance company yard (although someone claimed they have nothing to do with it ?)

1. I didn't ask yet. Importing this in 2016 and keeping it unregistered for this long bothers me too. I'll ask the seller when I go to inspect the car. There's a higher chance of detecting a lie when you talk face to face rather than over the phone. (There could be a genuine reason. Or he has rehearsed a lie for 3 years!)

2,3. Some car sales guy in southern Colombo suburbs imported it and it's still with him. You know the kind of guy that I have to deal with :speechless-smiley-004:

4,5. I'm going to inspect it this weekend. As shown in the photo, it is the 706th car. I have to do a background check on this after looking at the documents. Since the model is fairly new, It'll be fairly easy to establish provenance.

6. Is it photographed at a finance company yard? (I can't recognize the place). There were many advertisements on the quick site from the same advertiser: L8 finance. A sales rep answered the call and said that the vehicle is at a car sale and the finance company is doing advertising these vehicles and willing finance the vehicles sold by the particular car sale. There were many similar advertisements. Still, if someone can confirm that the car was sitting in a finance yard, I will dig deeper in to how it ended up there.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the topic. I understand that no one in their right minds is going to shell out this much for a bit of badge, stickers, body kit, and the like. But this being the last few of a fantastic lineup makes it a unique car to own.

It would be more sensible to go for a new WRX STI than the last link of the Evo lineup.

About the Finance yard statement...I am just going by what some people mentioned in the previous discussion and also because there were a few adverts for it with a lease payment.

As for the 17mil price tag...well...only you can decide whether that can be justified as we can always find a reason for it to be not to. For the record..a final edition in Japan costs about 5.5milyen on average and a standard Evo GSR is about 4mil yen...

When new standard EvoX were going for about a 3.5mil base price on average (RS being less and the standard GSR being about 3.8 and special variants of the GSR going about 4mil and one even 5mil. These are base MSRP prices...so once you add delivery charges and features it easily adds another 500k-1mil yen.

So yes....I believe there were normal Evo Xs that exchanged hands for about 10mil but you have to take in to account that the Final Edition would have been a tad more expensive than the standard when being first imported. Obviously the seller is also milking the fact that it is unregistered, rare car in SL.

Edited by iRage

Just seeing this thread! ?  Thanks for tagging me @Crosswind!

Isn't that a beauty! In white too! ? The only thing I'm seeing that's not original is the stereo and the bezel around it. That is aftermarket. You can see by how bad the edges are lined up with the rest of the dashboard. But hey, who's going to be listening to music when you're driving one of these. ?

I agree with iRage about the price. It's a one of a kind car, there were only a limited number of cars made with that trim, so it has it's own uniqueness. If I had the money, I wouldn't think twice about getting one to be honest. ☺️

I recently saw the very last Final Edition Evo for the Australian market advertised on one of the classifieds sites and it was up for 90,000 AUD. That's like twice the price for just getting the very last Evo X to roll of the line. The regular Evo X 2014 Evo X goes for around 40,000 AUD and the Final Edition (except the aforementioned one) goes for around 50,000. SO a bit of a gap there. 

On 7/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, varotone said:

On 7/10/2019 at 1:23 AM, iRage said:

Uh...no....the Final Edition in Japan has 18" BBS wheels in a different color (?), I thought it was the same all over the planet....If there was an Enkei wheel perhaps that was an option ?

The Final Edition Evo never came with Enkei wheels. Came only with the BBS wheels with the gold BBS logo on the centre cap. The regular Evo with BBS has a silver BBS logo on the centre cap. The rims are also of a darker "shadow chrome" colour whereas the regular Evo has the brushed aluminium sort of finish. I personally love love love the BBS wheels over the Enkeis. 

Edit: Also, The Final Edition never came with the SST according to my knowledge. It was only offered as manual in all markets. 

Edited by Davy

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Edit: Also, The Final Edition never came with the SST according to my knowledge. It was only offered as manual in all markets. 

So...the Evo came with BBS wheels all over the planet :) Yes..the BBSs look much nicer

In Japan there are quite a few SST Final for sale. AS I said..it does not fall in to the "Final Edition" category. It is a commemorative model for the last few SSTs. You can see how there is a sticker by the gear lever that says FINAL with a number on it....

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU9254347339/index.html?TRCD=200002

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/VU1099010346/index.html?TRCD=200002

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/VU0470824545/index.html?TRCD=200002

https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/VU1040671155/index.html?TRCD=200002

Edited by iRage

I remember seeing a white color Evo FE was on for sale sometime back. That car didnt have the black color roof. Quick search and found the advertisement. Since posting the site is not possible, posting the photos.

Dont know if this is the same car or not. Highly unlikely 2 FEs arrived in the country considering the exorbitant price. Then again, a Prius 4th gen costs over 10 mil AFIK. 

@varotone if you are going to inspect the car, believe you can get the chassis and engine numbers and have them verified through Unit#d Mot#rs to see if the car is legit. 

@Davy same head unit is available in one of the cars posted by @iRage above. https://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/VU1040671155/index.html?TRCD=200002

May be its a dealer fixed one before shipping here. Too bad the car is not having MMCS with Rockford sound system like your Ralliart is having.

My thought about this car is that if its a genuine car, and if tick all the right boxes, you should go for it. You can always negotiate the price. I remember sometime back an Evo 6.5 (Used) was advertised for Rs.6Mn.

CIMG3000.jpg

CIMG3005.jpg

CIMG3006.jpg

CIMG3007.jpg

3 hours ago, trinity said:

I remember seeing a white color Evo FE was on for sale sometime back. That car didnt have the black color roof. Quick search and found the advertisement. Since posting the site is not possible, posting the photos.

Dont know if this is the same car or not. Highly unlikely 2 FEs arrived in the country considering the exorbitant price. Then again, a Prius 4th gen costs over 10 mil AFIK. 

Front splitter is different....the one we are talking about has sharper edges/wind paths, the one you posted seems to have the stock front bumper...

image.thumb.png.92f13dda6e9170c0a18d6419e46b04fc.png

vs

image.png.3011829795b7c291d93d8e74b0194026.png

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, VWvortex said:

If not mistaken , this car was inported by C.S Car sales. Asking was around 10 million at the time

This was imported by CS Car Sales as the original advert from a long time ago says CS Car Sales

image.png.3011829795b7c291d93d8e74b0194026.png

The car in question has subtle visual differences, so unless someone did some modifications/upgrades to the CS Car sales unit, this is a different vehicle 

Also..I am pretty usre it would have been more than 10mil after it was first released even a slightly used one was going for the same price of a brand new car, 5 - 5.5mil depending on spec. (.base price was about 4.2mil and ironically the same price these days). WHich in LKR terms would have been about 7mil and when adding tax that would have easily been double ?

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the AL members who commented on this thread. (As you might have correctly concluded due to the lack of updates on this thread,) I gave up on buying this. Life took an unexpected turn and had to set my priorities in the right order.

Visiting AL after some time, there are several PMs offering to help me with checking this car, verify the authenticity, asking for photos.... You make a lovely community. Thanks again for the help.