• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ushie

Corolla 121 - Engine Oil Issue

Hello All,

I daily drive a corolla 121 (YOM - 2000) with 230k km on clock. Recently I'm experiencing a loss of engine oil (very small quantity). I drive this approx 15km daily. Every two weeks now i have to refill the engine oil by approx 1L. No leakage on the floor or no black smoke is producing. What may be the issue on this? 

Posted (edited)

Experienced this recently (I mean within 2 - 3 days) or is this developed gradually since few months?

Edited by gayanath

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ushie

Just now, gayanath said:

Experienced this recently (I mean within 2 - 3 days) or is this developed gradually since few months?

developed gradually. 

4 minutes ago, Ushie said:

developed gradually. 

Then it seems general engine wear with this millage (sometimes millage may be bit higher than 230k if previous owners have tampered it).

15 * 14 = 210

1L for 200 km is bit higher consumption so you need an engine overhaul I suppose. 

BTW, Which grade oil you are using?

16 minutes ago, gayanath said:

Then it seems general engine wear with this millage (sometimes millage may be bit higher than 230k if previous owners have tampered it).

15 * 14 = 210

1L for 200 km is bit higher consumption so you need an engine overhaul I suppose. 

BTW, Which grade oil you are using?

15W-40 by Mobil I am using. 

I was thinking the same. Asking for an overhaul then it must be neh? 

A guy once told me, engine oil may mixed with fuel. This can be happened? 

also I have noticed fuel consumption is low from recently. it does around 8-10 kmpl in colombo. 

One more thing, Once I start the car in the morning it wont go even i accelerate. Have to keep the car for around 5 minutes to warm up in parking gear. But in low gears and revers gear this never happens.  

Posted (edited)

seems like either the piston rings or head gasket leaking.Low fuel consumption is due to the compression loss.

Edited by GayanR

When was the last time (ifever, ~) the transmission was serviced?

16 hours ago, GayanR said:

seems like either the piston rings or head gasket leaking.Low fuel consumption is due to the compression loss.

should I replace the rings then?

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

When was the last time (ifever, ~) the transmission was serviced?

Its been 3 months

Agree with others that it might be engine wear. Get a compression test done first. That will tell you if the engine is worn out (under compression). Depending on the result, you will have to do an full or partial engine overhaul.